Boringest Test Ever (1 Viewer)

Cyclohexanol

WHO ELSE NEARLY FELL ASLEEP DOING IPT

THE QUESTIONS WENT FOR EVER AND THERE WAS NO RELEVENCE TO THE COURSE.

they where all repetitive and didnt really matter because the answers where in the scenario.. i done TPS AND MULTIMEDIA

what are your thoughts

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
i thought it was easy but i had a feeling that everything i was writting was wrong because it seemed too easy.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I love this paper *hug*

LOL :D :p :p

dAn1

only person who fell asleep in our exam was one of the people supervising...

jackie_23

Yeah
It was weird
Why were all the options so similar?
Stupid board of studies!
I thought i sucked cos i thought it was too easy to be true
You didint have to know that much of the course

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
couldn't they have been a bit more specific and a little more creative on the option topics though!

I did AMS and MMS and like ffs!

That gay question where you had to write about the 6 things in context to the stimulus was just ambiguous and didn't explore any of the concepts from within the topics...

And not only that, we had to answer it twice! arggh! so bloody boring!

popthemonkey

i have never ever actually LIKED an exam...i sat down and went woah what the hell, there were like 6 booklets! but yep, soooooo boring

Jeo

It was ok, considering I didn't write as much as I should have.

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
boring same questions for the options
so tired of writing out basically the same thing

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by magicalstones
bwa...one of the most boring things ever~
i mean like i almost couldn't bring myself to do the stupid option topics
I did the option topics first, straight after the Multiple choice because I always feel shit when I'm doing the core topics (Q21 to Q24).

I don't know why, but TPS and Multimedia makes me feel better, after settling in with multiple choice :D :)

holl

ipt

there were 10 ppl who stared our ipt exam and only 4 who actually satyed till 5pm.

barrettc

well i didnt realise i had missed q22 and q23 on the centre double page i think they were stuck together or maybe im a dickhead and ive lost 18% of the marks and i think i was inline for a band 6 so goodbye uai

It was repetitive, and I hated the time slot. At around 4 my body was saying "hey, it's leisure time now, stop working!" but my mind was saying "shut up body, we have an HSC exam to finish first!" I never study between 4 and 4:45 - that is ALWAYS leisure time for me.

Most of the questions SEEMED easy, but they probably mark harder with easy questions. Did you people think about that? I reckon they mark by 1/2 marks (but probably round to make whole marks for the question).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PacifistWarrior
but they probably mark harder with easy questions. Did you people think about that?

I reckon they mark by 1/2 marks (but probably round to make whole marks for the question).
I have heard that the marking would be lenient this year, as the trial marking had been easier than in the past (marking guidelines).

Before you would have to define, explain and re-link terms back to the scenario, for the full 3 or so marks. Now you'd get 1 or 2 mark just for identifying, no definition required.

They don't award half marks.

Bandit

Originally posted by Cyclohexanol
WHO ELSE NEARLY FELL ASLEEP DOING IPT

THE QUESTIONS WENT FOR EVER AND THERE WAS NO RELEVENCE TO THE COURSE.

they where all repetitive and didnt really matter because the answers where in the scenario.. i done TPS AND MULTIMEDIA

what are your thoughts
Nah, it RAWKED. That was more relevent to the course than 2001 and 2002 IMO. It was easier in many ways, and harder in others. 2003 IPT AM WIN! Lets hope it gets scaled better this year!

Originally posted by Huy

They don't award half marks.
I know they don't award half marks for the HSC, what I meant was if you have a three mark question, you would make 6 points to get the full three marks (instead of 1 or 2).

It's a shame they don't give out half marks. Our IPT teacher gave us half marks on the trials! :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by PacifistWarrior
I know they don't award half marks for the HSC, what I meant was if you have a three mark question, you would make 6 points to get the full three marks (instead of 1 or 2).

It's a shame they don't give out half marks. Our IPT teacher gave us half marks on the trials! :D
Sorry, I just assumed you thought so (I made an assumption in assuming what you had assumed to be true, assuming I knew that your assumption had been assumed correctly, thereby consuming me! :rolleyes: )

Yeah, with some of the questions (especially in the past HSC marking guidelines), you would need to have 6 points, for 3 marks.

For example,

A 6 mark "discuss" or higher order verb might require 10 valid points, or strong arguments and a well-written response for the full 6/6.

Otherwise you might get 4/6 or 5/6.

I'm not 100% on that, but that's my assumption (I'll stop saying assumption now ;))

It is a shame, but you can't really benefit or have that much of an advantage over others, who will equally gain "half marks" accordingly.

My IPT teacher has always used the marking guidelines/criteria, so there are no half marks - she is (or was) an HSC marker, so I suppose she's used to giving out a 1 or 0 (for a one marker, think binary)

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)