better to send artwork away or to get marked at skool? (1 Viewer)

Lucy Loo

is it better for your artwork to be sent to the marking center? or for the markers to come to your skool and mark it?

tash

lalalala
HSC
well i suppose it'd be better if the markers came to the school cos then you don't have to bother wrapping it up and stuff, and you can display it however you want can't you? we got ours sent off, but i suppose in the end it doesn't really matter

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah we were discussin this last year and our teacher said that it was probably best that our artworks in particular got sent off, cos the markers might be a little biased against our school .. heh.

oh and tash, if they come to your school, you do'nt get to display it however you want, the markers will set it up how they want

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I agree, it seems better to get it sent away. Only reason that I didn't want to at first was because I've broken at least three things in my BOW just on the way to school in the car... And something else broke when we were displaying it for our Creative Arts Night. *shrug*

tash

lalalala
HSC
oh yeah i forgot about bias.

Originally posted by johnson

oh and tash, if they come to your school, you do'nt get to display it however you want, the markers will set it up how they want
now that's something i didn't know. wouldn't you already have them set up for them?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
That's what I thought. That you set it all up for them, they came along and marked it, then they went off on their merry way again...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
nope, a couplea years ago when i was in year 10 i had to help bring the year 12 major works up to our school hall and we had to leave it in a neat pile on the floor for the markers

/end boring story

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Well, then I'm incredibly happy that they were sent away this year. We're getting a new Arts/D&T/Woodwork/etc building which will (as per usual) be ready when we're not here. I think the Year 11 Art students all want their art to be marked here, in that new building. Wonder what they'll say when I tell them they can't set it up? :D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
also, from my experience of regional markers (not sure how it is in sydney, i was at school in newcastle), they tend to be a bit less progressive. so if you've gone all postmodern and conceptual on us, and you have the option of sending your stuff to the marking centre, i'd go with that, personally. i did.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Hmm... That seems kind of dodgy. You'd think that they should be marking it all the same etc. It doesn't seem fair that it can be marked on different grounds/biases/subjectivity. *shrug*

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsurgery
also, from my experience of regional markers (not sure how it is in sydney, i was at school in newcastle), they tend to be a bit less progressive. so if you've gone all postmodern and conceptual on us, and you have the option of sending your stuff to the marking centre, i'd go with that, personally. i did.
well they obviously loved it cos you got into artexpressssss!! ;)

and wha, they let you choose whether u wanted it to be marked at school or not..? they did'nt let us do that!

Lucy Loo

Originally posted by johnson

the markers dont touch the artwork, they just mark the artwork, well that was the case for last years class at my skool and the year before aswell, they set their works up however they wanted to
last years class at my skool got to set their's up however they wanted to and the year before aswell, the markers dont touch t

DC10

depends on your school :) if your in a selective school (like me ;) ) or in an art school, the markers will certainly give more respect to each artwork's values. Likewise, if you have done poorly in comparison of others for itinerant marking then it's not advantageous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)