Best textbook for Chemistry and Physics (1 Viewer)

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
Hi can anyone tell me what the best textbooks are for chemistry and physics since there is a wide variety of different ones and especially those who band 6-ed what the main textbook for sciences was for them? which ones are the best

liamkk112

HSC
Hi can anyone tell me what the best textbooks are for chemistry and physics since there is a wide variety of different ones and especially those who band 6-ed what the main textbook for sciences was for them? which ones are the best
for physics, i mostly used physics in focus as this is what our school supplied us with. however my teacher was very good, and i always took notes when he was speaking about topics especially the small tips he would squeeze in, and compiled these notes digitally, then using the textbook as a supplement to fill in some subtle details or anything i missed. i actually didnt really do any questions from the textbook, as we were given homework booklets to do instead which were nelsonet worksheets and also pearson i think. but past getting baseline knowledge its better to do past papers anyway.

there is also plenty of good notes on here, i used a few of them intermittantly but nothing substantial.

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
for physics, i mostly used physics in focus as this is what our school supplied us with. however my teacher was very good, and i always took notes when he was speaking about topics especially the small tips he would squeeze in, and compiled these notes digitally, then using the textbook as a supplement to fill in some subtle details or anything i missed. i actually didnt really do any questions from the textbook, as we were given homework booklets to do instead which were nelsonet worksheets and also pearson i think. but past getting baseline knowledge its better to do past papers anyway.

there is also plenty of good notes on here, i used a few of them intermittantly but nothing substantial.
ok thks

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
i don't think i've touched the textbook more than like 4 times in the whole of prelim it was too clunky i think scienceready is probably a better resource

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
i don't think i've touched the textbook more than like 4 times in the whole of prelim it was too clunky i think scienceready is probably a better resource
So during exam times in yr 11 what did u use to study if u barely used the textbooks

wizzkids

HSC
I have used them all, and honestly the best series is the Pearson Chemistry series (student book and skills and assessment book), and Pearson Physics (student book and skills and assessment book). The editorial teams behind each series are extensive and very well qualified, the attention to detail and accuracy is outstanding, the sample problems are comprehensive and well-graded and they cater for students of all abilities. There is plenty of depth in each series for the extension students as well. The layouts are pleasing with plenty of use of diagrams is a feature. The section summaries at the end of each chapter can form your revision plan.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
So during exam times in yr 11 what did u use to study if u barely used the textbooks
i found textbook qns absolutely ass (and even when skimming, there were broken qns) – would suggest past papers instead

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
I have used them all, and honestly the best series is the Pearson Chemistry series (student book and skills and assessment book), and Pearson Physics (student book and skills and assessment book). The editorial teams behind each series are extensive and very well qualified, the attention to detail and accuracy is outstanding, the sample problems are comprehensive and well-graded and they cater for students of all abilities. There is plenty of depth in each series for the extension students as well. The layouts are pleasing with plenty of use of diagrams is a feature. The section summaries at the end of each chapter can form your revision plan.
yeah unlike jacaranda... forcing you to assume constant gravitational force....
1705661369934.png

Tryingtodowell

HSC
N/A
I used past papers esp in y12, you shouldn’t use textbook questions they are nothing like hsc/exam qs
yeah but like when studying for tests in yr 11 that dont really have past papers like mod1-2 what do u do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)