best sceinces? (1 Viewer)

sunken eyes

HSC
just wondering what everyone thinks is the best science(s) to do to help other subjects. i do chem, phys and find that they really complement each other in parts and help with other subjects.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
if you do chem and physics why the hell are you posting in here? You can 't do senior science with any other science so how are we meant to know??

EDIT: and its kinda sad you can't spell 'sciences'

sunken eyes

HSC
if you wanna be a picky bastard on spelling go find the english forum, and start using capitals dropkick. otherwise sod off.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
You still didn't address as to why you posted this thread in a Senior Science forum when those doing senior science are not allowed to do the other sciences and could not possibly know if chem and physics can help you in other subjects!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Well its not my fault he is stupid. Senior science is just that, Senior Science!!

Last edited:

sunken eyes

HSC
you really shouldn't be acting high and mighty till you learn to spell "that". i made a mistake. now piss off sunshine. go write a novel with perfect grammar and maybe someone will care.
now moving on, can anyone fill me in on senior science? its never come up at my school. we'v only seen the usual chem, bio and physics.

Tocatina

Is Senior Science like the episode of the Simpsons where The Special Ed. tacher askes the students to "Take out your safety crayons and a circle of paper"?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yes Senior Science is otherwise known as simple science or veggie science. I only did it to add variety to my subject load, and its a basic mixture of all the 4 other sciences

c00kiezncreme

guys, u can do snr science with another science..but not more than 2

lots of ppl in my class do bio and senior science!

sunken eyes

HSC
no offence intended, but it sounds like a waste of time. theres only so far in a science you can go while doing it for a third of a course.
sounds good for fun though.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by c00kiezncreme
guys, u can do snr science with another science..but not more than 2

lots of ppl in my class do bio and senior science!
Well, they're actually not allowed to, its definately a rule and it will put their HSC in jeopardy

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by sunken eyes
no offence intended, but it sounds like a waste of time. theres only so far in a science you can go while doing it for a third of a course.
sounds good for fun though.
As if you'd know. Its not there to give ppl the same grounding as sole physics or sole chem, its a varitey for ppl that wanted to do science but not at the level the others require. Now go away and post in youyr own science forum because 'no offence, but you are a waste of time' :rolleyes:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'd say chem and phys, which is what u do anyway

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Senior Science is actually a nice 'difference' to the rest of the sciences (granted I have no experience with Earth and Enviro).

As for what subject it can help with, depends on which elective you do.

The Lifestyle Chem module is rather basic, very easy for anyone who had done year 11 chem, infact, sometimes hard because of the terminology you have to use to get the marks.

The Medical Technologies component is quite good, espescially for those with an interest in health/med/nursing, it complements the biology syllabus.

The Info Systems module goes best with IPT I've found.

and I'm doing the pharmaceutics module, which again, complements the bio syllabus (even overlaps a lot).

So, it is a nice subject. Not as easy to do well in as one may first expect (I'm talking a high band 6 here), but a less stressful subjects, which you CAN still get decent marks in later after scalling, under the proviso that you don't vegetate completely. (I'm not great model here however, I did hardly anything until just before the trial, still ranking 1st in the trial and most assessments)..

Unlikely it is offered in selective schools, I've had to do it through distance ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)