bad drama teacher? (2 Viewers)

jdntjas

HSC
hey ya'll,
i'm in year 11 drama, but i don't think my teacher knows how to teach. it's her first year teaching, so i think she just lacks experience. she makes our monologue worth 5% of our grade, and judges our acting based on a symbolist theatre performance?? she also thinks racism isn't a "high-school friendly" topic, but our mock gp is based on epic theatre... the topics have to be a bit controversal, don't they?

what do i do?? i really love drama and don't want to drop. my mum has told me to be honest with her, should i? or should i just put up with it and work extra hard? my dream was to make it to onstage but i feel like thats not going to happen with my teacher...

HELP!

dwades

HSC
Tell her about this. You're in your preliminary HSC course and you don't have to time to focus on a subject where you won't learn anything because you have a crappy teacher.

Express your problems, and consider dropping the subject if this problem persists.

nicolebradley

HSC
Hey, I was in a very similar situation this year with my teacher now having gone to Chile and won't be back until a week before the HSC performance. I knew nothing and have found it easiest to use the marking guides and anything that is on the BOSTES site to help you with your GP. Just make sure that you are exploring racism in a unique way and your meaning is clear :)

highshill

HSC
First talk to the teacher perhaps tell her what's bothering you, if you and her cannot reach a solution talk to the head of Drama, if nothing is still resolved talk to the principal or ask your mum to talk to the principal. Don't give up your dream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)