Bachelor of music courses (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
is ne one thinking of doin any of the music courses @ UNSW?? i'm hoping to get into the Bmus/Bachelor of education course, which means i'll be a qualified music teacher. is there ne on out there doin music @ uni?? TALK TO ME!!! :)

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
yeh why would you go to UNSW instead of the Con?? but i could never be a music teacher GAH!!!. go to the con!!! :D

tash

lalalala
HSC
music at unsw is the bomb! well i don't fully do it, it's just my arts major so i dod musicianship and did musicology and absolutely loved it, the teachers i've had are fantastic. so i don't know about performance and composition and other stuff, but i am sort of wishing i was doing a b.mus degree, wouldn't get me very far though...

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
What do you really do in music degree? How many of them are about performance / instruments and composing / music theory?

And is it Bachelor of Arts? Since if it is not, seng (software eng) wont be able to combine with it..

tash

lalalala
HSC
ummm well from the impression i got from the actual music students, in semester 1 they had a performance class which has some sort of musicology or composition elective in it i think. and then there was a musicology class which i did cos that's what the arts students do. and then they may have had composition as well i'm not sure- look at the unsw handbook and it should tell you. then this semester musicology was for me replaced with musicianship, which had 2 classes- aural and written harmony, so aural was like sightsinging, melodic dictation, intervals and cadences and other listeny type things, and harmony was theory based stuff. so yeah if you do music in a BA you'll do musicianship and musicology based classes

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Non-basic: 3 hours of harmony study a week, including a keyboard lab, plus 2 hours of aural study a week for four semesters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)