Bachelor of Arts with only 18 junior credit points from one subject area?!? (1 Viewer)

garygeng

HSC
Hi all,

I am going to be studying Bachelor of Arts at USYD in 2012 and I am currently looking at what units of study to do for the year. It was great when I applied for USYD BA cauz on its website, it says I can major in Economics even if I'm just doing a BA degree. However, when I was checking out the Units of Study two days ago, I notice on the Bachelor of Arts Coursework page, it says[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:
[/FONT](3)
Candidates must also be aware of the following limits:

(a)
a maximum of 18 junior credit points from one subject area;

(b)
a maximum of 60 senior credit points from one subject area;

(c)
a maximum of 60 credit points from Table B including no more than 12 junior credit points

Then I looked back to the Economics unit of study page, it says:

For the award of a major in Economics students complete:
(i) four junior prerequisite units of study (24 credit points), as follows:
  • ECMT1010 Business and Economic Statistics A
  • ECMT1020 Business and Economic Statistics B
  • ECON1001 Introductory Microeconomics
  • ECON1002 Introductory Macroeconomics.
Does this mean in order to be awarded a major in Economics, I must first complete 24 junior credit points? If so, would that mean I can't do it? cauz BA students may only complete 18 junior credit points in one subject area.

I am extremely confused about this and I am desperately needing some clarification. I had already emailed the faculty and asked them about this, but I don't think they'll even bother to reply such a small question...but I would really appreciation it if any of you can help me clarify this.

Thanks!!!

izzy88

HSC
Yes but they're both listed under Economics, and Econometrics is only available to BEc students
From the looks of it, that's a different issue to your original post. Econ and ecmt are different subject areas, so you won't have a problem with the max 18 junior credit point requirement.

However if the subjects are only open to students doing a particular degree then thats another problem, and one that probably cant be changed. I would perhaps talk to the arts faculty and the economics department regarding particular issues- they will (hopefully) be able to give more definitive answers/help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)