Bachelor of Applied Science (Exercise/Sports Science) & Post-grad physio? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know B App Sci leads is a prerequisite to many courses and physiotherapy being one of them.
I wanted to know though, is it possible? Like obviously you can't get through if you haven't done well & etc but what are the chances? Is it slim? How many people do they accept? And what's the process for post-grad? Or am I better off doing to another uni a lower physio ATAR than USYD's?

madharris

HSC
N/A
You're probably better off going to another uni with a lower atar. In the health sector, it really doesn't matter what uni you go to. No uni is more prestigious over the other, it's all about experience and such.

There's a pretty slim chance of transferring into undergrad physio or getting into post grad physio.
You would need at least a distinction average to transfer to undergrad physio, and ex sport science is a pretty difficult course. I don't think many people would get distinction averages at all. Furthermore, I'm not sure how many master students they take, however there's about 80 in undergrad meaning:
If there's ~350 in sport science and ~400 in health science, all wanting to get into physio + possibly some other people, then you won't have a very good chance of getting in at all.

- also sport science is basically a glorified personal trainer course and you'll find it very difficult to get a job in the health sector with that degree alone

Airstrike

HSC
It's REALLY really hard to get into post grad physio these days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)