B Social Science (1 Viewer)

suzy80

I graduated from this degree and I can recommend it completely. You do arts subjects as well as core subjects in Social Science and Policy which includes research methods, computing etc. It is really popular with employers.

x-y-z

HSC
suzy80 said:
I graduated from this degree and I can recommend it completely. You do arts subjects as well as core subjects in Social Science and Policy which includes research methods, computing etc. It is really popular with employers.
Are you currently working in a social science related field and if so what does your job invole? What kind of jobs can you get from a social science combined with economics deree? And what is it about it that makes it attractive to employers/ and to which employers?

Sorry that I've thrown all these questions at you (you don't have to answer them all), but I've never met anyone who has graduated from the course. I feel that the course is too random, and I don't really want to work for a research centre/ the government etc, so I'm thinking of changing to something more relevant...

suzy80

I work as a manager of an information service now. Most of the work I have done has been either social or science orientated and most of it has been in the university sector. I think that if you aren't interested in government jobs then maybe switching courses is a good idea because most of the social research jobs are either government related or in the not for profit sector. But, that said, it also depends on what you are majoring in. If you are doing economics or hrm or those type of subjects, there are a lot of jobs in the private sector. I did sociology and psychology.

I think a lot of the research methodology is what is good in employment, and the computing skills as well. I guess it all depends on what you want to do once you graduate.

x-y-z

HSC
Thanks for that Suzy!

How long did it take you to reach managing position?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)