B Pharmacy (1 Viewer)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Well, I flunked the first round offers. I didn't get it. What pathways should I take (other courses same uni?) to maybe get a transfer somehow in my second year?

Jelly1987

HSC
Uni Grad
I have friends who did well in their first year (credit average or better) then applied for pharmacy in second year and got it. One did Bachelor of Science and the other did some Radiology course in the cumberland campus. Both from Usyd. All the best.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
:O Is credit average difficult to achieve in a Bachelor of science?

me-mfhs

HSC
Uni Grad
I know someone who did pharmacy at Charles Sturt University for one year then transferred to usyd the following year; another person did speech pathology at usyd in first year then also transferred to pharmacy the next year. So I reckon you can do ANY degree as long you maintain a gpa of around 5.5 (credit-distinction average), and it's likely that you can transfer into pharmacy. I didn't do B of Science but don't worry it's not that difficult to get a credit average if you set aside time to study for exams and stuff :D!
I think if you did a pharmacy course in another uni it means that you can get exemption from a few subjects when you transfer into usyd, but if you did a non-science related degree you'd probably have to start from scratch as a 'first year' >.<

Best of luck :)!!!

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Because pharmacy subjects are only offered to pharmacy students, if you do a non-pharmacy degree at USyd and transfer, you can't get courses exempted so will have to start again from first year.

A credit/distinction average isn't too hard to maintain if you put in some work (obviously this also depends on your personal level of ability).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)