B Design @ COFA (1 Viewer)

nookie

HSC
Is anyone doing this course, and can you get a career in fashion design even though it's not focused on too much and an elective?

nookie

HSC
thanks, but i can't seem to find a place where i can fit the question in. nearly everything is for staff and students!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
at uts there's a really good fashion design course. in case u havent checked it out. yeh im pretty sure one of the possible cofa design career outcomes was fashion design..

nookie

HSC
moffat said:
at uts there's a really good fashion design course. in case u havent checked it out. yeh im pretty sure one of the possible cofa design career outcomes was fashion design..

i put that course first on my preferences. it's a bloody 89! even with ACCESS i need >79.15!!! GROAN

nookie

HSC
Komaticom said:
Lots of people at CoFA appear to wear clothes they made themselves... *strange look*
i went to the COFA spring fair and some peoples clothes looked quirky!! i love the arty-farty atmosphere though =)

choc-chip

HSC
whats digital media like?

what's the different btween B digital media and B design, I'm actually tossing and turning btw those two...is digital media involved a lot more computing languages?

HSC
N/A
Yeah, Digital Media is concerned with computer technology based design - like graphics, multimedia, sound, animation, web design etc.

The B. Design is a very broad design course, concerned with tangible design, such as environment or object design (architecture, fashion, furniture etc) and graphics.

choc-chip

HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Yeah, Digital Media is concerned with computer technology based design - like graphics, multimedia, sound, animation, web design etc.

The B. Design is a very broad design course, concerned with tangible design, such as environment or object design (architecture, fashion, furniture etc) and graphics.
Thanks for reply, however how's the difference between B design-graphic media and B digital media then?
How's the percentage of chicks and guys?
Say if i wanna become a web designer/ developer or a commercial advertisement designer, which one is more suitable?
Thanx

HSC
N/A
choc-chip said:
Thanks for reply, however how's the difference between B design-graphic media and B digital media then?
How's the percentage of chicks and guys?
Say if i wanna become a web designer/ developer or a commercial advertisement designer, which one is more suitable?
Thanx
Well, I don't go to CoFA (I'm only just starting year 12 now) but I'd assume that the difference was - B Design graphic units are more of an overview and less detailed, where as B Digital Media was much more indepth.
As for the percentage, I'm not too sure. I think it might be pretty much equal.... and that the degrees like Art Education would be the ones more female dominated.
If you want to be a web designer or a commerical artist/designer, I think B Digital Media would be the way to go.
In Design you'll be doing furniture, objects, fashion etc.... and if that's not where you want to go, probably best to stay with B Digital Media, which I assume is all 2D and 4D based design (Graphics and time-based things like interactives/web sites etc)

Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
im doing B Design at COFA, just finishing first year and its alot of stuff like model making, all the computer related stuff we do is learning programs like photoshop, illustrator and vectorworks. if u wanna do web design or something similar id definately go with digital media, heaps more of that kinda stuff. when it comes to guy girl ratio its like 80% female for all of COFA, except digi media which is like half half

B design is great tho, if ure into more conceptual ideas rather than artistic talent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)