ATAR estimate? (1 Viewer)

winnable

HSC
looking to see how possible a 90 ATAR is with my current performance. all these ranks are after trials. I'm at a top 10 ranked school.

English Advanced: 85/130
Math Extension 1: 54/108
Math Extension 2: 33/47
Economics: 31/49
Visual Arts: 8/10
Software Design & Development: 1/14
IPT (accel.): HSC mark 90

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Having considered this information, I believe that you have a good chance of receiving a 90+ ATAR. Specifically, your current performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR potentially up to 94.

Your performance in Mathematics Extension 1 and Software Design and Development is favourable and is therefore likely to make a good contribution to your ATAR. Your HSC mark in Information Processes and Technology is also favourable (congratulations on your mark! 🥳) and, should it count towards your ATAR, it will also make a good contribution. This leads me to the fact that you have/are taking 14 units throughout your HSC journey, which provides a significant advantage in the event that you are unable to perform well in one or two subjects, negating the effect that unfavourable performance in a particular subject(s) would otherwise have on your ATAR.

English Advanced is of course an exception because it is the only subject that will definitely count towards your ATAR, which leads me to my next point, being that, alongside Visual Arts (although unfavourable performance in Virtual Arts is not as much of an issue in your case), English Advanced is your lowest performing subject. Concurrently with your preparations for the HSC exams of your other subjects, it is therefore important to place additional focus on English Advanced in order to maximise your chances of reaching your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

Akshara Patil

HSC
Damn those ranks seem good - a more accurate estimation can be provided through the no. of b6s for each of your subjects! This can be done by checking on HSCninja

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)