Atar Estimate (Again) (1 Viewer)

natsnapshoot

HSC
jimmy my g, from what I know you shouldn't put raw marks into a calculator..

but if i got 98% and ranked 2nd for my math standard exam, do i go onto rawmarks and find what 98 corresponds to for alignment and then put that into a uac calculator? if so, there doesn't seem to be enough data, should i just care about my rank?
A 98 in most subjects is going to be a 98/99/100. For other marks though you can make an estimate based on any available data. Or you could use carrotts calculator with the raw marks

carrotsss

HSC
jimmy my g, from what I know you shouldn't put raw marks into a calculator..

but if i got 98% and ranked 2nd for my math standard exam, do i go onto rawmarks and find what 98 corresponds to for alignment and then put that into a uac calculator? if so, there doesn't seem to be enough data, should i just care about my rank?
your internal exam probably won’t be comparable to hsc difficulty anyway so you can’t really do anything like that, you can get a rough estimate using your ranking though by sorta guessing based on the number of band 6s your school has got in the past and that fact that marks higher become rarer

stevie444

HSC
your internal exam probably won’t be comparable to hsc difficulty anyway so you can’t really do anything like that, you can get a rough estimate using your ranking though by sorta guessing based on the number of band 6s your school has got in the past and that fact that marks higher become rarer
yeah, this is more accurate at higher ranked schools and when you are close to the b6 cutoff but take it with a grain of salt until you do a few more assessments

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Many people have asked for it I might as well. My schools ranked somewhere around the 200s pretty sure.

1. MX2: rank 1/5: b6 2023 (1/4)
2. MX1: rank 3/14: b6 2023 (2/12)
3. ENG ADV: 1/43: b6 2023 (11/46) (Note: but this year's cohort is way better)
4. CHEM: 4/18: b6 2023 (1/16)
5. ECO: 1/10: b6 2023 (0/idk)
roughly 35-40

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
FAIL_URE:-( said:
My schools ranked somewhere around the 200s pretty sure.

1. MX2: rank 1/5: b6 2023 (1/4)
2. MX1: rank 3/14: b6 2023 (2/12)
3. ENG ADV: 1/43: b6 2023 (11/46) (Note: but this year's cohort is way better)
4. CHEM: 4/18: b6 2023 (1/16)
5. ECO: 1/10: b6 2023 (0/idk)
@jimmysmith560
From this information, your current performance appears to be consistent with an ATAR between 95.5 and 97. Your position in Mathematics Extension 2, English Advanced and Economics is favourable and means that these subjects are likely to make a very good contribution to your ATAR. The fact that you are ranked first in these subjects is important and maintaining your position will allow you to maximise your Assessment Mark in each of them. You should therefore do your utmost to maintain this level of performance in these subjects.

The same can be suggested, although perhaps to a slightly lower extent, about Mathematics Extension 1. This means that while your position is favourable and this subject is likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR, some improvement can be made especially if your goal is to maximise your ATAR. In such a case, the contribution of this subject to your ATAR would be greater. Of course, you should consider your goal (which you know best) and determine your priorities accordingly.

On the other hand, Chemistry appears to be your lowest-performing subject. Because of this, you may wish to consider allocating additional study time and/or focusing on addressing any areas of improvement so that you can improve your performance in this subject, which will hopefully lead to a more favourable contribution to your ATAR from this subject.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)