artworks marked (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
i didnt think that the artworks would be marked by now.

has anyone recieved their mark out of 50? if you have, id be interested to know. my school got (apparently) 5 people in the 40's and the rest lower....

i think its luck of the draw when it comes to the marking of ur atrwork. u may get someone who can grasp the concept and then you can get others which look at it and go "this is shit". aesthetics only get you so far...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
...they released marks early? I'd be very surprised...

tash

lalalala
HSC
we haven't been told anything about our marks yet. i would assume that they'd mark everybody's before giving them out. in fact shouldn't they be given out with the rest of our hsc marks??? i don't know...

Originally posted by MaryJane

i think its luck of the draw when it comes to the marking of ur atrwork. u may get someone who can grasp the concept and then you can get others which look at it and go "this is shit". aesthetics only get you so far...

that's why they have more than one person marking it

spam police

Originally posted by Lazarus
...they released marks early? I'd be very surprised...
yeah they don't officially release art major works marks early but sometimes you sort of get told sort of how well your school did (the teachers get told)

cept it was never this early, usually it's around the end of october.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmmm. i never got my external artwork mark, they just mix it up with your exam mark and give it to you later on as a mark out of 100 (ie. like evey other subject). i had a vague idea, since my stuff got into artexpress, but no-one i knew (from last year) got told their mark out of fifty.

but insofar as artexpress stuff goes, what i heard was that last year, everyone who was shortlisted got 43 or better (nb. everyone who got shortlisted got 43 or better, not everyone who got 43 or better got shortlisted). for the final exhibition selections though, i don't think they consider marks.

Last edited:

goofy

umm... yeah, we were told you just never found out what ur final mark for ur BOW is, like saladsurgery said "they just mix it up with your exam mark and give it to you later on as a mark out of 100"
but on that note, saladsurgery, do u have any photos of your BOW that u could put online?

spam police

Originally posted by goofy
umm... yeah, we were told you just never found out what ur final mark for ur BOW is, like saladsurgery said "they just mix it up with your exam mark and give it to you later on as a mark out of 100"
but on that note, saladsurgery, do u have any photos of your BOW that u could put online?
you could always take a look at the 2002 artexpress catalogue ;)

oh, and oops, i didn't mean to say that they officially told us major work marks- they don't. it's sort of like, un-officially our teacher somehow found out if roughly how many people were band 6/band 5/etc etc.

i think it kind of sux that we don't get told our separate major work marks, cos youve worked so hard on it (Well most of us haha) and to have no idea how successful you were is kind of frustrating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)