Are EAS points considered when transferring across universities using ATAR? (1 Viewer)

falconbiscuit

HSC
Hi, currently studying advanced science at UNSW, and received an offer - one i wouldn't have received if i didn't have my EAS and bonus points. I plan on transferring into a bachelor of medical science at usyd, which requires an atar of 90 ( i received an 89.35) - just wondering whether my EAS points are still valid? And if not, are marks considered when transferring across? I spoke to usyd on the phone and they said it would be through UAC which leads me to believe it is ATAR only.

Thanks!!

quickoats

HSC
Yep all the year 12 related bonus points all expire. You could probably get some EAS bonuses next year if you apply but defs not year 12 subjects bonuses

Transfers through UAC are based on either uni marks or ATAR, usually whichever is better (unless you complete your degree then i think your ATAR expires). However it’s generally easier to transfer using uni marks - a credit average should get you in.

If you really want to do medical science, you could major in a medical science in adv sc at unsw (like anatomy or pathology) and then transfer to usyd after one year. Usyd will give you credit for a few of the subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)