Anyone Else Studying September 11th and Al Qaeda?? (1 Viewer)

M

MrBLuEyEs

Hey i was just wondering if our school was the only one that was studying al qaeda and modern terrorism and it's links with the cold war and it's effect on modern society. I just thought that it was a very unique topic and thought that no1 else would b studying it, am i right ??

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i think its a linking type of thing to the option of the cold war...right mr blue eyes?

M

MrBLuEyEs

yeah i think it is, im not exactly sure, our teacher is really cool and he was just going through a list of like 30 topics we could do, and everyone chose to study that, which i think is heaps better, some of the other topics just send me to sleep eg south africa...zzzzzz

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
wow thats really interesting... but itd be politically loaded cause the repurcussions are still going on and your marker may have a set opinon on it... u mite piss them off. not sure.

M

MrBLuEyEs

it is very very interesting, the other day we were learning about islamic numerology and their relation to the dates and reasons to why these attacks were comitted. Bin Laden supposedly planned it down to the smallest details, the numbers of the planes hijacked, the time at which the buildings were destroyed, and the time at which the planes were hijacked. The date of the attack on WTC also has relevance in the Islam religion as the number 1 refers to the single prophet they worship.

justinreedy

HSC
I'm not sure if one can say "Bin Laden didn't do it".

I think that's the point - it's a topic that hasn't really been finalised, which creates a problem if you're studying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)