Anyone done exchange in the US? (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
'the best' :p somehow i doubt it. whilst they'd have a good social life, i wouldn't call it better then something in inner metropolitan sydney.
It actually could be, considering a much larger proportion of people don't live with the folks/commute hours to the uni, both of which could restrict social life.

In the US, alot of places are college towns, where the town pretty much depends on the college, while this could be good, it would probably be better to have a few colleges close together to ensure a good social life at one.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
stazi said:
'the best' :p somehow i doubt it. whilst they'd have a good social life, i wouldn't call it better then something in inner metropolitan sydney.
well i'm at une, have lots of friends and CSU and we definately have a better social life than mates at sydney, new south etc... but hey u wouldn't know about it unless u had experienced it i guess

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
well i'm at une, have lots of friends and CSU and we definately have a better social life than mates at sydney, new south etc... but hey u wouldn't know about it unless u had experienced it i guess
well i mean it's pretty logical to say that sydney has hundreds of pubs, clubs etc.
a club for every type of person, be you punk, goth, alternative, leb or gay. kings cross never sleeps with clubs closing when its time to go to work.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah but it's not where you are at, it's who you are with. I can have just as much fun in my home town where there are just a couple of pubs as I can in the city where there are hundreds. Pubs are essentially the same everywhere anyway lol. Beer. Music. People.

I would say that regional unis offer a great campus life because of the community atmosphere.... I don't think people should diss it unless they have experienced it. Places that are "uni towns" (like Bathurst and Armidale) often have a great campus life.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Yeah but it's not where you are at, it's who you are with. I can have just as much fun in my home town where there are just a couple of pubs as I can in the city where there are hundreds. Pubs are essentially the same everywhere anyway lol. Beer. Music. People.

I would say that regional unis offer a great campus life because of the community atmosphere.... I don't think people should diss it unless they have experienced it. Places that are "uni towns" (like Bathurst and Armidale) often have a great campus life.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just realised you're a chick!!! I always thought you were a guy.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
stazi said:

Perhaps not the best. UNE may challenge us there. (nah, Bathurst always wins BB)

Like Ash said, places like Bathurst and Armidale are primarily University Towns, almost all internal students will live within the town (in Bathurst, I'd say 80% live IN Bathurst/Kelso, while the remaining 20% will travel from Lithgow/Orange/Blaney/Cowra) Where as Sydney or UNSW takes in students from all over Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Camden etc - people travel more than 2 hours, and it's a fair percentage of people who do travel. Of your Uni mates, how many live within walking distance, or a ten minute drive?

Moreover, the pubs and uni students in Uni towns tend to work well together. From where I live, I have about 15 pubs within walking distance and another 15 or so further out. Because we're so close and there are 30 odd pubs with Bathurst Region, and everyone knows everyone (locals and uni students alike) you're always bound to run into someone you know and are in for a good night. Metro Sydney may have a wide aray of pubs clubs etc but so what? Whats the point if you've nobody to enjoy it with? I go out in sydney and groups stay as groups. At least thats my experience, in Bathurst you'll go out with mates and have 5 new mates when you leave. Its great!

Speaking of good Bathurst times, anyone here going to village fair?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)