Anyone doing B Arts/Music Studies?? (1 Viewer)

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
Hey there,
Does anyone do B Arts/B music studies (new course) or know anyone doing it? Any info/opinions whatsoever would be appreciated.. also, what is music like at sydney uni (not the con, the music in the arts department)? cos apparently you have to do that as well as going to the con in this course..?
thanks! :p

nemuca

Ultimate Bludger!!
HSC
I juz saw this new course on the USYD website too, and it sounds pretty cool to me, coz I wanna do languages and music in uni. (I'm only in Year 11 now, but I'll be doing Eng Adv, 4u Maths, 3u Music & 3u French next year.)

From the info given on the USYD website, I think you only do Music at the con, and you do the BA (you can choose any major from the whole long list) at the Arts Faculty. :uhhuh:

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
THanks! =) yeah it seems like an alright course for me cos like u i def. want to continue languages and such (u are allowed to do a subject from arts if u go to the con and do a b mus but i want to do more tho..)

Actually yeah i used to think that too, that it was just music at the con and arts at usyd but i found out its not - if u look on the arts site it says 'The full range of Arts majors is available, including a compulsory Music major offered by the Faculty’s Department of Music' and i found out theres actually a certain number of credit points u have to do there as well as studying music at the con. thats why im interested in hearing from someone whos doing it... hmmm if it wasnt for that itd be perfect (not paying out the music dep at usyd, ive just only ever wanted to go to the con)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)