any know know about car audio wires in here? i need help (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
Ok people I recently got a car and it has still got all the wires in it from the previous owner e.g. the power wires and all these other wires

At the moment I know that their is

* Enough wire to run 2 15 inch subs
* A big amp
* A earth cable
* All these other RCA wires or something..
* And some massive wire like thick as running from the battery to this see through box distributor block thing?

How can I tell if this stuff is valuable or not? Or if it is good like in a working sense.

Thanks

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
7th Sign said:
Ok people I recently got a car and it has still got all the wires in it from the previous owner e.g. the power wires and all these other wires

At the moment I know that their is

* Enough wire to run 2 15 inch subs
* A big amp
* A earth cable
* All these other RCA wires or something..
* And some massive wire like thick as running from the battery to this see through box distributor block thing?

How can I tell if this stuff is valuable or not? Or if it is good like in a working sense.

Thanks
Depends what brand it is. If it's Stinger wiring then it's pretty good wiring. If it's BOSS Audio wiring then chuck it out !

Anyway the RCA wires go from the headunit (out) to your amp. That connects the audio source from the headunit to amp for amplification.

The massive thick wire from the battery is your mains power. It's either 0/2/4/8 guage depending on the size of the wiring. The distribution block takes in say a 8 guage wire and distributes it into 2x4 guage wires. (Lower the guage = thicker the cable).

Anyway, find out the brand.

7th Sign

HSC
it must be really good wires because i have already been offered $100 for them :|

I dont want to get ripped off lol

heir is some special thing hooking up the battery and this thick amp then their is the distributor block thing which is worth a bit apparently....

the brand is called "response" power cable and its tick as!! it has some wierd thing connecting the battery and the cable and two other black wires this has like 3 numbers on it and it is like see through....

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
DaddyK said:
How bout just chuck it in a box and leave it in the garage? It may come in handy. If not ask an audio store or sumthin.

nah mate I have already asked some on to check it out and they seemed very keen to take it off my hands so I guess it is worth something....I was already just offered $50 for this digital audio thing on the top of my battery :| ????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)