Any idea? (1 Viewer)

K8Y

hey does anyone know approx when our BOW gets sent back to skool (thats if they were sent away)?

prolly shouldnt be thinkin bout that at the moment - but just wondering!:D

roo

HSC
ooh good question.. hehh

but i spose it also depends on if your work is short listed for art express. :) and i think that happens during the beginning of term 4.

stressed02

my teacher told me we will get them just before christmas... so probably just before we get our UAI's i'd say...

and yeah, i wonder when we find out if we are shortlisted for art express? how weird is it to think that our major works are over, feels like i never had to do any...

good luck guys

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
it does feel friggin weird doesn't it? i can't believe it was only just ... two months (?) ago that we handed in our artworks and finished with prac art FOREVER (well, at least dodgy high school prac art anyway..) but it's weird cos SOOO much has happened since then, it feels like a year or some crap .. hmm maybe it's just me..!

anyway i also have NFI when we find out who gets shortlisted for artexpress .. i plan to visit school one day, before the art exam, so i can like borrow some books from my art teacher to cram with, so i'll ask her then.

... i don't know if i can continue doing photography anymore i got SO SO SO incredibly sick of taking photographs after my major work, the night before it was due i vowed never to take a photo again in my life lol ...

Lullaby

we spent half the year not knowing when anything was due so when we had to hand in our pieces it was a suprise for lots of ppl especially those who hadn't shown up to class for the past 2 months before hand...

stressed02

haha my teacher gave us this timeline (which is still on my wall in front of me) of all the "Art" dates for this year - from week to week .. ie. Term 3, Week 8: Essay writing practice, revision of frames, practice and conceptual framework...

hmmm a little TOO organised for my likings...:p

stressed02

How did you guys go in your school assessment (for the Final mark) for your Major work??

And how do you think you will go with the BOS marking??

roo

HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
How did you guys go in your school assessment (for the Final mark) for your Major work??

And how do you think you will go with the BOS marking??
BOS scares me :( :( i did ok tho, 45/50, not complainin i spose.. i dun think i'd get that high in BOS.

need to get my theory up to scratch tho, its bringin me down a bit. grr

how bout u?

stressed02

Oh well done Roo!

i got 97% for mine - but was annoyed because my teacher had been telling me it was 'perfect' and getting me all excited for nothing!! i was expecting full marks if it was 'perfect'! haha oh well... i just hope the BOS likes it... or understands it, preferably!! i bet they don't! and apparantly it is good news if they call for your diary - well my teacher said in my case it is, because its very conceptual and they might need to verify that its my work.

anyway, good luck with your theory exam, i haven't started studying for Art yet, i'm going to after my 2nd last exam, 1 week before art, so i'm sure that will be enough time, i hope... my friend so far has got 100% in every art assessment - including her exams! how cool is that , i hope she comes 1st in the state!!
what topics are u studying for art theory exam?

roo

HSC
excited?!? lol i'd be excited with that mark! preeety good i reckon! congrats. :D only one person in our grade got full marks for her artwork.

i reckon the non-understandable art is better than the plain obvious one 'cause its open for interpretation.. but if the BOS asks for diaries, i spose it is pretty "special" heheh. did you send a statement with your work?

whoa ur friend is freaky! that's like this chic in our school too, except she doesnt get 100 in every assessment, her lowest is like 99% tho! i wanna be that smart!! what school do u go to?

i've got a week to study art as well, 8 days actually. i haven't touched it and i reckon its HEAPS of time to study!

i'm doing architecture stuff, mainly modernism, bauhaus and post-modernism. i don't think i'll touch any 2-D stuff, we've mainly done architects like frank lloyd wrigt, gehry and seilder. how bout u?

good luck!!

stressed02

Architects ? really, wow, i'd never do them! too hard!
oh good i'm glad u think a week is plenty to study! i'm sure it will be fine... i have written the same essay literally every exam since year 11 when i started art, and i get either 23.5 or 24 so i'll be fine with that in the exam... i just adapt it to the question slightly, but there is always a question on modernism which i always answer! so i'm going to study: Pollock, Picasso, Modernism in general, and i guess Postmodernism as well. what school do u go to?

roo

HSC
architects are fun! so much better than painting i reckon.. i remember doing pollock tho, he just gave me a headache lol. ;)

i've been doing the same as you, memorising this one essay and then answerin the same type of question. :) i just hope there's a visual codes question in the exam!

i go to (well used to hehe..:rolleyes: ) plc pymble, u?

stressed02

OH MY GOSH - FORGET what i just wrote!!!!!
my brain must be SO overloaded - that'll go down in history for one of the stupidist things i've said in a while...!!
haha sorry:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)