• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

any disaadv if u go to tafe and repeat yr 12 (1 Viewer)

HSC
i stuffed up in my hsc and like i dont no wat to do '
im considering going bak to tafe and doing yr 12 again but i wanna no if there are any disadv and is it the same thing as going bak to skool

danieljarvis

HSC
it's what i did this year. stuffed up in 04. You'll only be able to do 3 subjects unless you can show them your superior enough to do 5.. but 3 will probably be enough to get your UAI up anyways. There's no real disadvantage if your repeatnig it, it's done over 9 months at TAFE... there's some other threads on this..
scaling - http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=87205

rego2

HSC
I repeat this year cuz in 2003 i got a <30 UAI. now i got 76 :)

Bad thing
-Most of the students will perform very poorly so they will prolly drag your mark down if you arent in the top 3 in your class.

Good thing
-you can get 1st ranking easily cause 90% of the students at tafe doesnt even try.
-You will not get H/W and assignment etc like back in High school. The only thing u need to do is the main assessment (HSC assessment task) and trials.
-Skip class and go home anytime you want.
-Teacher are very helpful and nice towards you cause u actually trying not like the others.
- My modern history teacher even let the class pick one HSC assessment task to redo at the end of the year and that mark will take over the poor mark u got last time.

Last edited:

tachiapple

Queen
HSC
what about if u want to repeat yr 12 but u wan to drop one of the course u did and pick up another, cause i made a bad subject choice...

7th Sign

HSC
rego2 said:
- My modern history teacher even let the class pick one HSC assessment task to redo at the end of the year and that mark will take over the poor mark u got last time.

WTF??????????????????????????

rego2

HSC
7th Sign said:
WTF??????????????????????????
Yep i thought the same thing LoL
But who cares i benefit from it i cant complaint haha

7th Sign

HSC
rego2 said:
Yep i thought the same thing LoL
But who cares i benefit from it i cant complaint haha

its a joke I feel like reporting this twit to BOS..

I have heaps of good hsc stories...if any news papers want to give me cash for my stories pm me..

got dirt on shifty teachers...unfair marks and other mumbo jumbo thats sic dirt on my school

HSC
i dun chem and dropped it in yr 11 can i do it at that tafe course and once again how can i show them im good enuf to do 5 subs

HSC
how can i show the tafe that i am good enuf to do 5 subs and not 3........like wat marks shood i have gotten for them to allow me to do 5 subs

rego2

HSC
chokkopimp said:
how can i show the tafe that i am good enuf to do 5 subs and not 3........like wat marks shood i have gotten for them to allow me to do 5 subs
well for one thing, its not that hard to redo it in tafe.
because they accepted me when i have a uai of <30....
aslong as u show them you have the attitude to redo ur hsc i dont see why they wouldnt accept u.. just make sure u know what u want 2 do in uni etc.

HSC
thanks for all ur help ppl i really appreciate it yeh that was another problem i didnt no wat i wanted to do so i didnt aim for anything yet im still a dikhead for not aiming high anyways then maybe later deciding anyways thanks for the advice
if ppl got more stuff then post it i wood appreciate anything

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
In fact, doing in TAFE could be better if you choose only one or two subjects and concentrate on them, especially if the class in general has lower standard and you come first by huge margin (from my calculation, I came first by like 20% in IPT last year).

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
It might be an idea to view the following two threads by kami:

My Guide to HSC at TAFE:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=65347

Alternative pathways to your desired university degree:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=1592461&postcount=2

There is a lot of really helpful advice that could help you with your decision if you have further questions from those links would be an idea to PM kami or post the questions in those threads. Other then that I can't offer much advice but well done for wanting to achieve a better results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)