Answers to Accommodation/Colleges questions at UNSW (1 Viewer)

aerox11

HSC
Hi am looking for an accommodation for my study in july at the UNSW.
What can you recommend? ON campus or OFF campus accommodation?
I don#t have any experience where are the pros and cons?

i have an offer for 329$/week for university terrace?
Looks quiet expensive but I dont know the relation to other on campus prices.

It's important that I have a single room :)

Please give me some tips

best regards Patrick

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Hi am looking for an accommodation for my study in july at the UNSW.
What can you recommend? ON campus or OFF campus accommodation?
I don#t have any experience where are the pros and cons?

i have an offer for 329$/week for university terrace?
Looks quiet expensive but I dont know the relation to other on campus prices.

It's important that I have a single room :)

Please give me some tips

best regards Patrick
Welcome to Sydney prices. I assume 329 a week is for a single bedroom/ studio? own kitchen, bathroom and stuff yes? That's pretty reasonable. I have a friend who pays 450 a week for new college.

Biggest con from what I've been hearing is internet access where they charge you extremely high for internet, and not a lot of colleges will allow you to use a third party ISP.

Your best bet is to live on campus until you're able to find people to move into with together.

aerox11

HSC
on gumtree i found accommodation for around 250/300 $ per week and also very close to university but it's Off campus.
Yes internet costs 0,03$ per KB.
Thats extremly high!!!

Which area would you recommend for living? I am studying economics at the UNSW. I heard Randwick is nice?

Dylanmuy

HSC
can someone please post the check-in procedure information? cannot access my e-mail -.-

acc_dw

HSC
I'm thinking of applying for New College Village. Should I get catering package (3 meals/day)? How's the foods there?
Do they really strict on bringing outsider into the room?

Marius_2

HSC
Hi

it looks like i am gonna go to UNSW for my 2 years postgraduate studdy, i am about 21 years old, and i just wonderd what which of the colleges/appartement is the most suited?.

Marius :)

Condawgs

HSC
I'm thinking of applying to one of the Kensington Colleges, are they all the same or is one better than the others? I had a walk around Baxter at the open day.

Enigma Machine

HSC
Has anyone tried renting a room in a share house around campus (Randwick, Kingsford, etc.)? It is a bit cheaper but I can't tell if worth it.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone tried renting a room in a share house around campus (Randwick, Kingsford, etc.)? It is a bit cheaper but I can't tell if worth it.
yo i is first year unsw village student

its cheaper but you don't fell that "uni vibe" that the colleges and unsw village provide. You might not even be living with a unsw student. I'd suggest you try to find a place at village or college (if you love to drink/party), you'll be caught up in the uni vibe and be with plenty of people in the same situation as you (uni student just moved out).

science

HSC
When do applications for Kensington Colleges open? I've been checking the site and looking at the online application form but it still says for 2015 semester 2 :/

Rocky199090

HSC
which is the best party hostel ? and how is unsw hall . like i have checked the prices thr baxter and all pretty expensive so is there any hostel that is comparatively less expensive and have good social life

Envarii

HSC
I am not a particuluarly spport person, which college would you say is the best for that?

JR123

HSC
Hi there!
I've only decided to go to uni in 2017, rather than taking a gap year, because my atar was surprisingly better than expected
.... but that means I've applied for colleges wayyyyy later than most people.
I applied for TKC and Colombo only a couple of days ago.
What are the chances of still getting a phone interview, and if I got one, what should I expect to be asked?
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)