Another question (1 Viewer)

nick.roberts

HSC
I dont understand why the timing and location of the paris peace conference is important? can someone explain to me why it is?

thanks

HSC
we didnt even touch on this, this year.

we only went as far as the Treaty of Versailles and the main players in that. the conditions and events leading up to it and its significane...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
28th June 1919 - 5 years anniversary after the death of Franz Ferdinand, which inevitably triggered the outbreak of WWI.

Location: Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. The same location that Bismarck forced the French to sign the treaty and reparations in the Franco-Prussian war in 1871-72. The same place that the Germans had inflicted utter humiliation on the French would be used to do the opposite.

nick.roberts

HSC
thanks kujah, you seem pretty knowledgable. At first i thought i knew why the russians were left out of the negotiations at the conference but after further research i feel i dont know anymore? Is it because they had negotiated their own peace with germany or what? Any help would be appreaciated thanks.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Np :) Um, I guess Russia wasn't invited due to its communist-style government. After Lenin rose to power after the Red Revolution in 1917, Russia became a communist country, and this was really uncomfortable news for the capitalist Allies. This is further reinforced by the fact that the Soviets were isolated for the next 20 years or so~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)