Am i screwed? (1 Viewer)

amyb

Ok, for section 3 i didn't describe the techniques for my 2 supp texts. For the poetry, and Sky High i did, and covered about 6 devices, but for my supp texts i didn't really....am i screwed?

amyb

Oh and one other thing, is swearing allowed? I wrote "bloody bureaucracy"...will i be penalised? "Bloody" is not a very graphic term to use, and it is quite common....what do you guys think?

amyb

i put it in speech form. It's just i didn't use the same level of anlysis for my supp texts as i did for my prescribed and stimulus texts. I am worrying now, thinking i perhaps spent too long on what concepts of change are presented rather than spending the majority of the time on how the concepts are presented...ah shoot.

xanthanotus

HSC
lol..dam thing it cut off the rest of what i was going to say.....lol....dont worry about it...the amount of people who rushed though it ...lol...including me probably forgot to write in all their techniques or discuss them properly lol....any ways dont stress there is nothing you can do about it now...study harder for paper 2 and any penality you might get for it you can easily make up for in paper 2....though i dont think you will lose to many marks for it!!

amyb

i put it in speech form. It's just i didn't use the same level of anlysis for my supp texts as i did for my prescribed and stimulus texts. I am worrying now, thinking i perhaps spent too long on what concepts of change are presented rather than spending the majority of the time on how the concepts are presented...ah shoot. Hmm, well at least the other 2 sections were a breeze...this sucks, i love speeches too, they are so easy to write...crap

scottish_lass

i'm in the same situation! i had an awesome plan to use the rock climber in section 2 as a metaphor for this guy climbing his 'mountain' but i dont think i explained what i meant well enough, its going to be obscure reading it i think. SHIT!!!

HaydenWicks

Christ, you fuckin private school freaks are out of touch with the real world. "Bloody" wont get you penalised marks, thats the most piss-weak profanity I've ever heard. You should even use "fuck' if you feel its necessary to your characterisation and intensity of the moment.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Hehe, yeah swearing is fine in any essay. In Frontline, I have the quote "He's shithouse" and my teacher has never said anything about it.

Yam

You cant be as screwed as me, I ran out of time and had to stop at the end of my stimulus text. I found it quite hilarious. I still wrote about 9 pages, but what will they do about that? will i get like 5

amyb

hey, i don't go to a private school, i probably go to one of the worst public schools around...i just am cautious about getting penalised. I know a lot of markers are from private or Christian/Catholic schools, and may frown upon the use of profanity, that's all Hayden.

HSC
don't worry, i'm sure you all did better than me. I had a really bad time management and i found myself running out of time in the end. I did question 2 last. the one you had to write with the base of a picture.

When i start that question i heard one of the guys in the front say, "okay people we have 5mins left" and i'm pretty fucking scared when i heard that. but i managed to produce 1 page of pure rubbish in that 5mins. i did really crap.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i wouldn't worry about using bloody....
one of my friend who does ext2 eng use bloody in his story...teacher said it was alrite and i got to a catholic school

also in my place, for sally morgan, i used a quote "you bloody white kids don't want me, you want a bloody write grandmother"... teacher didn't say anything...don't worry

Eeko

Banned
i wrote fuk on mine creative

its my technique to emphasis the change !

Yam

I hate not having enough time, cos it seems they always want "more in depth" or "more detail", yet only 40 mins. What is the biggest joke of all is like 10 people at my school getting to use computers just for whinging and being bad/slow writers, and hence cranking out a million more perfectly legible pages than everyone else while i run out of time.

amyb

I was told to write on every second line because my writing is big and slants A LOT to the right...but fuck that, it looks stupid. It is legible, but yeah, if people got to use computers just because their handwriting isn't perfect, well then they are whingers. I can guarantee mine is pretty bad, but i still wrote...in all it's glory, ha.

Winston

HSC
"bloody" is by far an exceptable word, it's not swearing, or anything, if you take it in literal terms it can be in reference to grotesque images in the mind, but it's an acceptable word.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)