Age Of Silicon (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Is anybody going to do this option? or has done it??

I think i am going to do it, it sounds kool.

What are your thaughts on it?

thanx

Huy

HSC
N/A
at my school, it was recommended that you have strong background knowledge about electronics to do it.

to date, there are only 2 to 3 students who are planning on doing this option, the rest are geared towards astrophysics or medical physics.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats what i wanna do. i like electronics and stuff like that. but i dont think that option is available at my skool.. quantums, space and medical are available. :mad:

Akira_Tikira

hi
I believe its not how "cool" the topic sounds. Its really a elective for the teachers, how experienced is your teacher at electronics.

remember the average physics teacher is about 50-60 and when they were at school, they were not taught this stuff, So this contributes to the rareness of your module.

The next thing is resources, do you have the textbooks, the Jacaranda is the only one available....so maybe thats too limited for u.....you may need to use the net...

Overall, I believe if u do a rare elective,you are competing with people who are very good at the elective, most people who do those elective either have teachers who teach it, write the HSC for it, mark it, or are professional at it, so if u do it and do bad, you will be dragged down.

For me, I am staying with Quantum to Quark, my teacher is senior marker, and makes and marks QTQ....

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah u do have a very good point.
but our teacher is gonna pick what option we do, depending on our strengths n weaknesses. but yeah, i think we're a class with more calculations then theory... thats what i think anyway.

i wouldnt mind which topic we do, cept for medical, that looks hideous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)