Ag Text Books Out There (1 Viewer)

gilese

can anyone help me in telling me if there is any really good Ag study guides out there that could help with my study for trails and HSC in our ag class were like big on ag shows and practical and we dont have the ag plot at my school we have to go to another school my previous junior campus to do ag and we need to do some indepandant studies for ag can anyone help me out please IM Desperate thanks heaps guys and girls

ben7

At our school, Ag we sometimes use the text book Senior Australian Agriculture, its made for our HSC syllabis but it is quite vague in alot of the time and cant really be used for everything, in fact we hardly ever use it. At the moment I am like you in search of a good set of notes from someone from previous year or waiting for some book company like Excel to bring out a neato study guide for us. Because, i think it would be like this in most schools, alot of the people in the Ag class dont want to do theory, they just wanna go through clods at each other and see how fast the Ag farm tractor goes (I tell ya these are all good) but when it comes HSC time I am planning n a good mark we all need to know our stuff, so yeh Im with you on the search for some good HSC Ag resources.

Thanks, Ben

gilese

Thanks heaps
Im truley starting to frett at the fact of a uai to be plumiting becasue of the lack of theory we do in ag
were based in Mt Druitt were are u

On another note are you doing the research assessment

ben7

Nuh, i am not doin the ag assignment, you see my teacher didnt even tell us it existed until we got a new one at the start of this year and everyone was like, nuh screw it, i dont even think most people in our class now even know that that option existed, we are doing two options: agribussiness and sustainability.

i go to a rural school, Moree Secondary College in well yeh moree, which is north nsw.

I was planning on gettin a good uai too but my Design and tehc project is turning out to be abit of a disaster too, so i hope i get preselection into uni... or ill be a little pissed off :argue:

later,
ben

gilese

ok fair enough it sounds like your very similar to me im also doing design and tech though im just about finished folio and project cant wait to get it off my back neways will will have to catch up and let each other know what we got in these subjects

Laters
trent

ben7

yeh, uve nearly finished?? i thought id be all technical and build an electric guitar with some mad innovation on it, ive only just got the parts and my folio is no-where near completion and with all the assesments on at the moment, its gone to tha shita. i found id rather play than build the things.. Glad your doin better.. But i am coming 1st in Ag so thats a plus. ;)

ben

ben7

I have it here, it doesnt cover everything in the syllabis. But yeh its ok.

greenthumb

HSC
yeah i'm looking for any decent study guides n textbooks too. we hav ag plot but not many in class :-( we're using senior australian ag textbook too. i'm doin a research project on prime lamb production due tomorrow but can't find decent info anywhere on net. i'm at st marys senior high

Borbor

HSC
we use the Dynamic Agriculture book, it's pretty good for a year 9 & 10 not so sure about seniors, but if you do get the 2nd edition the 3rd just sucks

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
yeah my school uses dynamic agriculture too.
i reckon its really good , for pre-exam cramming , if thats what you plan to do lol. but then again the actual theory itself is really good. and im a senior too, so you should try get books 3/4.
also , duno if you can buy em. ive been to quite a few bookstores and they dont seem to know what im talking about ... ><"

steer-rider

HSC
We use Senior Australian Agriculture at Wingham High too, it and Dynamic Agriculture 4. But if you really want to know your stuff, check out the DPI (Department of Primary Industries), for your state. They have all these fact sheets for stuff, and the reasearchers and scientists that actually do the initial research work in the DPIs, who can be contacted by e-mail (why not, your taxes make their wages?). Also the local extension (eduaction) officers for the various things, like beef, dairy, agronomy, sheep, etc. In agriculture, you have to go right to the horses mouth. There just aren't enough students to bother writting a good book.:burn:

stephey-luvcows

HSC
hey i did hsc ag last year and i used 2 text books and they where Dynamikc Agriculture books 3 and Senoir Australian Agiculture

they where both ok if u need any help im happy to try im studying ag at uni so its all still pritty fresh in my head.

mountainman

HSC
We've got Dynamic ag and senior Australian ag, which I thought were pretty good. We don't use them in class very often though, just as a bit of a study aid. The thing with ag is if you find the dot points on the BOS website you can usually find the answers to them around. Try the internet, 'The Land' paper and the text books. You just have to do a bit of work for yourself I think because noone bothers to make dot point or study books for ag.
Also, try the standards packages at http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au
They have past HSC questions and answers ranging from band 2-6. I have never done it for ag, but I know they're good for chemistry and physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)