Ag assesment help? (1 Viewer)

Maddie3

HSC
I have an ag assessment due in a week and I need some help with som of the answers and I cant find them. I would ask our teacher except he has gone over seas and we now have a replacement named Luckett (and guess what rhymes with that...?)

So here are the questions I dont have answers to-
(1.)Broad spectrum insecticide?
(2.)Explain what a translocation (or systemic) insecticide is. Explain how this classification would help the farmer in deciding which particular insecticide to use in order to control a specific pest.
(3.) Explainwhat ‘biological control’ of a pest is. List advantages and disadvantages over more traditional methods of pest control.
(4.) Most new commercial varieties of plants are the product of hybridisation. During this process the pollen of a certain variety is used to pollinate another variety of a hybrid seed.
Research why this technique produces plants or superior characteristics (hybrid vigour). Explain how hybridisation is carried out and what is done to avoid self-pollination.

Any help to these answers would be a great help. Thanks X3

Twinkyface

HSC
Well I can tell you that biological control is a natural control that occurs in the wild. It is usually another animal, or a disease. For example, the cane moth (?) was released in Qld, and it's biological control was the cane toad. So that was released to try to control the cane moth (and we all know what happened with that...)
So advantages - natural, disadvantages - can get out of control etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)