After the bomb, possible essay questions? (1 Viewer)

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Hey people,
I'm just asking if anyone can post some practice essay questions for after the bomb - it doesn't matter if you made them up, or ripped them off an assessment you did, just post them!!

Thanks! :spin:

Last edited:

Spazo

HSC
Hey I've been wanting essay questions too!
seeing as no one has posted any, i'll post our trial one:

"Without art the human spirit would disintegrate into the anonymous statistics of history"
How do your 2 prescribed texts and 2 related texts show this statement to be true?

Weird eh? I thought I'd walked into an art exam when I first saw it. Turns out I was supposed to look at the texts as art... I ended up doing ok though.

Also an old assessment:
“An obvious consequence of this period and the events that shaped it is a loss of innocence which has been replaced with a sense of cynicism and despair.” Evaluate to what extent the texts you have studied as part of the ‘After the Bomb elective prove this statement to be true.

Please put up more!

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Glad to see someone posted something hahaha, thanks Spaz.
Anyway peeps, here's some holiday hw my class got, hope it helps:

"Freedom is at the heart of After the Bomb. Yet control is also crucial."

Write an essay in which you evaluate the extent to which this is true with reference to TWO prescribed texts AND at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

I'll post my trial question once I get it, but in the mean time keep em coming, sharing is caring!

zarlaya11

HSC
How do the new text types of After the Bomb reflect the moral, political, psychological and social shifts of the period?

zarlaya11

HSC
Hey I've been wanting essay questions too!
seeing as no one has posted any, i'll post our trial one:

"Without art the human spirit would disintegrate into the anonymous statistics of history"
How do your 2 prescribed texts and 2 related texts show this statement to be true?

Weird eh? I thought I'd walked into an art exam when I first saw it. Turns out I was supposed to look at the texts as art... I ended up doing ok though.
That is such a weird question..!! Isn't After the Bomb supposed to be about ways of thinking...? I think this question completely misses the point of this module!

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Here's my trial paper; pretty much everyone in my class screwed up the creative writing section, all three of us.
On a different note, we should really keep these questions coming, not only for us, but for the students of years to come as well.

Question 7 - Elective 1: After the Bomb
(25 marks)

'While the texts in this elective cover a wide diversity of forms, they all engage with the personal and political concerns of the Cold War era and associated social and moral issues.'

Evaluate this statement.

In your essay, refer to at least TWO of the prescribed texts from this elective AND at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

AND
Question 8 - Elective 1: After the Bomb (25 marks)

You have been asked to attend a student forum where participants will present and discuss extracts that illustrate the characteristics and diversity of writing relating to the Cold War period.

Write THREE original extracts that you could present at the forum. Each of the three extracts should illustrate different experimentation with ideas and form associated with this period. Each extract should also be accompanied by a reflection that explores and analyses the ideas, as well as how you have tried to represent them.

fringedavenger

HSC
Those were the same questions for our trial, the creative was TERRIBLE! I sincerely hope we don't get a question of this type in the HSC.

zarlaya11

HSC
Here is another:

'After the Bomb' locates us in places of uncertainty and possibility

Carry on children.

A Poisoned Seed

HSC
Here's my trial paper; pretty much everyone in my class screwed up the creative writing section, all three of us.
On a different note, we should really keep these questions coming, not only for us, but for the students of years to come as well.

Question 7 - Elective 1: After the Bomb
(25 marks)

'While the texts in this elective cover a wide diversity of forms, they all engage with the personal and political concerns of the Cold War era and associated social and moral issues.'

Evaluate this statement.

In your essay, refer to at least TWO of the prescribed texts from this elective AND at least TWO texts of your own choosing.

AND
Question 8 - Elective 1: After the Bomb (25 marks)

You have been asked to attend a student forum where participants will present and discuss extracts that illustrate the characteristics and diversity of writing relating to the Cold War period.

Write THREE original extracts that you could present at the forum. Each of the three extracts should illustrate different experimentation with ideas and form associated with this period. Each extract should also be accompanied by a reflection that explores and analyses the ideas, as well as how you have tried to represent them.
Ick. We attempted that creative writing question as practice and all of us were just like*OMG WTF are we meant to be doin* Sympathise greatly that you got that in the exam - in comparison, our's wasn't that bad - just a picture of a guy about to be smushed by two huge arm wrestling hands :D good stuff.... hope the HSC question isn't like that, if so...

:bomb:

mushroom_magic

HSC
We( by which i mean me) had a picture of a boot that was about to step on people, or the people are carrying the foot.

How would you answer the three extracts question?

hamm0ud

HSC
N/A
Ick. We attempted that creative writing question as practice and all of us were just like*OMG WTF are we meant to be doin* Sympathise greatly that you got that in the exam - in comparison, our's wasn't that bad - just a picture of a guy about to be smushed by two huge arm wrestling hands :D good stuff.... hope the HSC question isn't like that, if so...

:bomb:
Hahaha, don't worry, we won't get such an evil question in the HSC. I honestly think it's going to be a relatively easy exam, since this is the first year of 'After the Bomb'.

On the flip side, if we happen to get a question that bizarre, we're all screwed.
But then again I suppose the whole 'alignment' thing kicks in, so we'll all be fine in the end anyway.

EDIT:

We( by which i mean me) had a picture of a boot that was about to step on people, or the people are carrying the foot.

How would you answer the three extracts question?
It's such a retarded question that there's no point in trying hahaha. But seriously, your extracts should be just that - extracts. Firstly, they should take a diversity of forms, e.g. a poem, short story, play. They should be concise, and really represent the ways of thinking and concerns of the post war period in just a few short lines; you're looking at around 150 words each. Then, for the analysis part of the question, it's basically an essay. Show how the ideas of the period are embodied in the extract, remembering to use quotes, techniques and all. Be sure to have 1 analysis per extract, instead of writing it all in one go. I'd suggest this structure, extract - analysis - extract - analysis - extract - analysis, which is pretty obvious anyway lol.
This question in particular defeats the purpose of the 'creative writing' task, in that you're essentially asked to write another essay. The HSC would surely ask a more straight forward creative question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)