Actuarial Studies @ ANU (1 Viewer)

spratt_jg

Hi, I was originally planning to do Commerce @ Sydney, when I came across this course in my UAC guide.

Anyone doing it, or know what the deal is over there...asin, will I get the same recognition and accreditation as the one from Macq?

Is it worth moving there ($180-200/week i reckon) to do it?
Also, is it better to apply for the double degree with Commerce, Economics or even Law, or to do it by itself?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
They should have at least Part I; not sure about Part II.

Actuarial Studies isn't as recognised there at ANU. (Just as Law isn't as recognised at MQ, as it is at USyd or UNSW.)

If you want to become an Actuary, MQ is the place to be, in terms of education, quality of teaching and standards.

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Yeh, I know of a friend at work who got an offer @ ANU for Acturial Studies.

I said to her Is ANU any good? Her reply: Maq is the place to be for actuarial studies; i am just going her cause i dont have to move!!!

I think Maq is Number 1 in Australia for Act. Studies!!!

MrA

any idea about actuarial studies @ ANU compared with @ UNSW?
I believe it is a reasonably new course in both uni's?

MrA

any idea what the uai cut-off will be this year? (was 91 last year, 86 year b4)

biologyjenny

just wondering

Hay, I am thinking to do the course at ANU.....en, in 2005, any course can combine with Acturial studies? cuz i am sooooooooooooooooooooo interested in Math and some of science courses. Do they offer like Psychology/A studies? I heard they have Economics/Psychology. Does A studies belong to Economics or whatelse? Thanks a lot for replying!

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
you can do actuarial with...*whips out Good Universities Guide (i love my GUG)
commerce or arts or finance, or law, or economics. the cut offs for 2003 was 93 which isnt bad compared to 97 or something at UNSW...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol so much Macquarie propaganda....
Heres a simple algorithm
if you live in the east go to unsw, if you live in the north west, goto macquarie, if you live elsewhere in sydney goto either one that is easier to travel to, if you live in canberra then go2 ANU :D

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It'd be more than $180 - 200 a week because you wouldn't want to subsist on just the food they feed you. :rolleyes: But after government benefits and a bit of work on your part, youll find its probably a cheap way (comparitively) of getting out of home :p

I don't know anything about acturial, but if you want to combine it with something like law etc, the ANU degrees are very well recognised. Though imo if you want to be an actuary and you get the mark for MQ - go to MQ.

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
lol so much Macquarie propaganda....
Heres a simple algorithm
if you live in the east go to unsw, if you live in the north west, goto macquarie, if you live elsewhere in sydney goto either one that is easier to travel to, if you live in canberra then go2 ANU :D
And if you live in the country, 4 hours from Sydney and 7 hours from Canberra, you do......?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
BillyMak said:
And if you live in the country, 4 hours from Sydney and 7 hours from Canberra, you do......?
move out and stay in a college....sydney is expensive...go to canberra if u r on a budget cz both degrees achieve the same results - actuarial exemptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)