About studying (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC
Back on topic, I only aim for 2 hours a night and 3 hours on weekends. Is this to low haha?

HSC
Back on topic, I only aim for 2 hours a night and 3 hours on weekends. Is this to low haha?
Very low.

2 hours a night? Just remember you will be competing with all your friends.

Year 12 is a year where rank and marks are of highest value and importance. One mark can push your rank up and ultimately you are aiming to be first.

Do not study only for 2 hours and waste your time on other pointless and irrelevant shit because there will come a time where you begin to regret what you have done. Probably after your first set of assessments where you may realise that you could have done better.

Year 12 goes by really quickly, honestly. Sacrifice this one year and push yourself to get ahead of your school friends and achieve the maximum results and ranks you possibly can.

You must study atleast 4 hours every day in my opinion.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Very low.

2 hours a night? Just remember you will be competing with all your friends.

Year 12 is a year where rank and marks are of highest value and importance. One mark can push your rank up and ultimately you are aiming to be first.

Do not study only for 2 hours and waste your time on other pointless and irrelevant shit because there will come a time where you begin to regret what you have done. Probably after your first set of assessments where you may realise that you could have done better.

Year 12 goes by really quickly, honestly. Sacrifice this one year and push yourself to get ahead of your school friends and achieve the maximum results and ranks you possibly can.

You must study atleast 4 hours every day in my opinion.
You 'should' but it's definitely not a 'must'.

You don't need to fully sacrifice your leisure and other activities. Yes, it's a '1 shot' year but you can enjoy it at the same time.

Just my opinion though.

If you do it every single day - without fail - it's actually not too bad, especially if you have only 10 units (I was a 12 units person though~).

Consistently those hours will add up to a strong amount in the long run.

Let's say you do 5 subjects (2 units each).

16 hours approx. So you're dedicating around 3-4 hours per subject a week. Let's say 2 hours of that dedicated time is spent on creating notes and doing exercises. The remaining 1 hour is spent on revision of previous work.

It's not that low. Trust me, most students can't pull off consistency. Sure they can do 5 hours one day, then the next two day - they might do 1-2 hours of study in total.

I couldn't consistently study for some subjects (e.g. Physics which was my weakest 2 units within my 12 units). I even sometimes sacrificed MX2 study (cause it drained way too much of my time when I spent 30 minutes on like ONE question I couldn't do) for my social sciences (Business and Economics) at times.

And I did fine in the end, so yeah. Obviously increase those hours as you approach assessment time but that schedule for non-assessment periods is alright.

matchalolz

HSC
lel i study 2-3 hours per day now, but then i do this every single day as opposed to people who study hard one day and then go missing in action the next. When school gets hectic i up this amount to around 4 hours. I also use my class time very productively . For my business-y subjects I never do my homework (unless it's a hand in essay), and prioritise writing notes and understanding the content. For maths, again i never finish all my homework, but i do enough to gain a solid understanding. A lot of the time, i do my exercises backwards so it won't matter if i forget to finish the exercise.

I find that the most important thing is to prioritise, because you only have 24 hours in a day and can't expect to do everything. Do the things that will give you the most benefit first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)