About Agriculture (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Can you people sum up what you actually do in this subject.. i hear about it alot and it sounds interesting but im not actually sure what its about?
what does it involve?

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
well...so far we have dont plant management...so that invlolves stuff like calender of events of different crops, optimum conditions for growing stuff, sustainable farming....just all the stuff that revolves around crop management so far....and i'm guessing we'll be doing the same next term, but with animals this time. third topic...i think we're doing agribusiness, and for our fourth, we're doing a major assignment...so we don't have to do a three hour exam...and apparently they give away marks really liberally...so that's a good thing. :)

trinx32

well my ag teacher sucks, so i spend my time staring out the window and then before half yearlies and trials i come on boredofstudies to get other peoples notes (that arent submitted coz no one does ag).
which means i have to go back and try to translate what notes i have (from the teacher) and then realise it doesnt correspond to the syllabus.

so um, yeah ag's great.

gooddtwoshoes

HSC
Ha! i have a bio teacher exactly like ur ag teacher...i feel ur pain...

Well i'm doing my HSC this yr, and we've doing sustainable ag production, which is basically stuff about soil and the environment and how not to damage it, also plant production, stuff like the Nitrogan cycle and photosynthesis and stuff, if ur doin bio a lot of that comes into it, well if u have a decent teacher...
You do stuff about plant and animal reproduction, nutrion and stuff like that, it's a lot of theory but if u like ag, and ur teacher's good it's fun enough:)

Bundybabe

well there is jus me and Andrew (i'm female he is male) in the class and yer most of the time i spend teachin him coz he is soo clueless think jess simpson/ashlee(big bro) cept male!! but yer we have done plant prod, animal prod, product study, marketing umm farm systems, economics we just gotta do the Farm Case Study and our teacher is gud too!! Its also handy that i do Primary Industries, Earth And Environmental and Biology coz they are all the same!! Advtantage Yes!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)