A Clockwork Orange (1 Viewer)

jemb0t

HSC
For one of my powerplay texts I've chosen the novel a Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Does anyone know of any additional information regarding the powerplays within the novel?

Cheers!

pinkbexta

HSC
i am studying this text at school too - struggling with it a bit! Did u hapeen to find any good notes on it? :)

jemb0t

HSC
pinkbexta said:
i am studying this text at school too - struggling with it a bit! Did u hapeen to find any good notes on it? :)
No not yet, it's been left up to me to try and decipher and deconstruct the text

pinkbexta

HSC
That sucks! I will let you know if i come across any good notes, although i am still slowly analysing the movie...

HSC
You're supposed to do it yourself. <_<

Anyway, with powerplay you should be focusing more on the things the composer does to influence you, not powerplays within the text, which should be easy with A Clockwork Orange (a big one is the language he uses, but you'll need to go past that).

jemb0t

HSC
veloc1ty said:
You're supposed to do it yourself. <_<

Anyway, with powerplay you should be focusing more on the things the composer does to influence you, not powerplays within the text, which should be easy with A Clockwork Orange (a big one is the language he uses, but you'll need to go past that).
I know that, i've been doing it all myself.

I suppose i made it sound like i wanted someone to hand it to me on a plate, but I just wanted alittle guidance, but yeah I've look at the language, the structure, various ways that Burgess undermines the authority of Alex and stuff like that.

pinkbexta

HSC
Yeah - obviously we have to do it ourselves. Getting tips isnt a crime though!

HSC
Sorry, I didn't quite mean it like that. What I was referring to was:
pinkbexta said:
That sucks! I will let you know if i come across any good notes, although i am still slowly analysing the movie...
It's not like it's a prescribed text, so if you can't analyse it easily yourself, perhaps you should try using a different text. Admittedly I'm in a similar situation though; I have a novel I think fits the bill perfectly, but am having a little difficulty addressing it to the rubric. So I understand where you're coming from.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)