4u scaling (1 Viewer)

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hey,

i was wondering ..when uac chooses ur 10 best units, do they scale it before they choose them, or do they simply look at ur hsc aligned marks:
eg) if i got 94 in business for the hsc aligned mark, but 91 for 4unit hsc scaled mark, will the count business instead of 4u..it sounds realli unfair if they do cause obvioulsly 4u will be scaled up to around >97, while business will be scaled down to maybe even 85?

also, any1 knoe where i can get the 2004 hsc list for how many band 6 + 5s specific schools got?

any help will be appreciated/.

A l

HSC
N/A
funnybunny said:
i was wondering ..when uac chooses ur 10 best units, do they scale it before they choose them, or do they simply look at ur hsc aligned marks:
eg) if i got 94 in business for the hsc aligned mark, but 91 for 4unit hsc scaled mark, will the count business instead of 4u..it sounds realli unfair if they do cause obvioulsly 4u will be scaled up to around >97, while business will be scaled down to maybe even 85?
The UAC do not recieve your aligned marks but rather the raw marks from the Board of Studies. ALL COURSES that each student undertakes are scaled and the best 8 units worth of scaled marks are selected as well as 2 units of English to caculate the UAI.
funnybunny said:
also, any1 knoe where i can get the 2004 hsc list for how many band 6 + 5s specific schools got?
Only the number of band 6 results (Distinguished Achievers List) are released to the media. The number of band 5 results are not released to the media most likely because there would be a much larger number of candidates recieving media attention.
The number of band 6 results the top 618 (or 576) schools recieved can be accessed here:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=7269

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)