2nd Chance At Better ATAR (1 Viewer)

Nino

HSC
Hi

I got a 2nd chance and improved my ATAR because I repeated my HSC at TAFE. I'm now doing Med Science.

I was born in Italy on the beautidul island of Lipari, came here at 15 did my HSC in 2019 but didn't do great, got an ATAR of 68 at school because I was too busy playing soccer for the school and thought I could bluff my way in exams.

So one of my teachers said try TAFE and I did. It was a great experience because I would have felt odd going back to the same school and so I figured try TAFE and if I don't like it I'll go back to school.

I'm just letting you know my experience and that if the HSC didn't go so well for you like me then maybe try TAFE. At least there I got treated like an adult and the teachers were really knowledgeable as they've all been teaching HSC for a heap of years and marked as well.

It really worked for me and I just pass it on because I know the feeling of getting a crap ATAR and the 1 year after getting a good ATAR.

Good luck guys on whatever you're doing in 2022.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hi

I got a 2nd chance and improved my ATAR because I repeated my HSC at TAFE. I'm now doing Med Science.

I was born in Italy on the beautidul island of Lipari, came here at 15 did my HSC in 2019 but didn't do great, got an ATAR of 68 at school because I was too busy playing soccer for the school and thought I could bluff my way in exams.

So one of my teachers said try TAFE and I did. It was a great experience because I would have felt odd going back to the same school and so I figured try TAFE and if I don't like it I'll go back to school.

I'm just letting you know my experience and that if the HSC didn't go so well for you like me then maybe try TAFE. At least there I got treated like an adult and the teachers were really knowledgeable as they've all been teaching HSC for a heap of years and marked as well.

It really worked for me and I just pass it on because I know the feeling of getting a crap ATAR and the 1 year after getting a good ATAR.

Good luck guys on whatever you're doing in 2022.
Thank you for going out your way to share your story, it will undoubtedly provide solace to individuals in the same circumstances for years to come. Congratulations as well.

Nino

HSC
Thank you for going out your way to share your story, it will undoubtedly provide solace to individuals in the same circumstances for years to come. Congratulations as well.
Thanks.
What gave me the idea was our neighbour next door who didn't do so well and like me didn't want to go back to school. I talked to him about my experience and he is going to TAFE Granville Monday to enrol.

Just that I figure a haep of people might be a bit disappointed and not know there are options.

Btw TAFE has another 1 year option called Tertiary Preparation that has direct entry into uni and it's a free course. Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)