2023 School Trial Papers (1 Viewer)

C_master

HSC
optimistic naive starting year 12 perspective: not very but like i've put in a bunch of work in doing qns making notes and [other stuff] so it feels easy (and i have to teach my friends which also helps identify gaps)
just note that the collective hsc physics experience is that there are like 0 good physics teachers so 🥰 enjoy
I agree the teachers here are so ass; I cant imagine the teachers Im gonna get when I start physics

carrotsss

HSC
How hard does Physics get? Im in year 10 and Im curious
I wouldn’t call it super hard, the difficulty mostly comes from the super content heavy second half where you just have to know lots of random niche details. If you don’t cover all that garbage thoroughly (or have a bad teacher like 99% of physics students) it’s pretty tough to catch up on at the last minute.

C_master

HSC
I wouldn’t call it super hard, the difficulty mostly comes from the super content heavy second half where you just have to know lots of random niche details. If you don’t cover all that garbage thoroughly (or have a bad teacher like 99% of physics students) it’s pretty tough to catch up on at the last minute.
Is yr 11 Physics ez coz rn for me it is

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
oos?

Yeah - BUT if they put the beta function in the exam then it is going to be much better to use properties of beta functions and sometimes gamma functions in the solution rather than a hopelessly inefficient solution.

And it's not just SGS with the oos stuff.

HSC exams have put beta functions in the exam too. Like 2020 and 2023 HSC exams.

I think there are other beta function questions in other trials too but there are hundreds of them so maybe later I'll compile a beta function extravaganza with uncomfortably efficient solutions maybe fitting it in 10 pages where the official solutions are 100 pages!

There are also some covert beta function questions in extension 1 where there is a worded binomial distribution question requiring a page of complicated arguments in the official soluition, but can be solved in 1 line via a regularised incomplete beta function! I'll try to hunt them down too but they are not as easy to find as they are not so obvious. An example is in the 2023 CSSA ext. 1

Last edited:

ilovemangos

HSC
if you did this in internal exams, you would probably have to appeal to teachers right? and it should be fine for hsc though i assume

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
if you did this in internal exams, you would probably have to appeal to teachers right? and it should be fine for hsc though i assume
If the teacher is competent enough to put a beta function question in the exam then they should be competent enough to cope with a beta function solution - without the need for appeal. ;)

Last edited:

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
Incidentally looking at all the past papers back to 1916, it wasn't till 1945 that integrals appeared.

The other integral in 1945 was

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)