2014 HSC BoWs - How is it going? Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Thank you :p

Hows your bow going?
there are events we never speak of and my major work falls within that unfortunate category
haha
it looks like im going to be last minute-ing hardcore

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
This is off-track and off-topic, but did you guys start planning/know what to do for your BOW in the first term of year 12? Or did everyone start like at 2nd term?

Also, how much does your diary count for? //shot
Externally VAPD counts for zilch, however if the markers don't get your concept they might call for your VAPD.
Umn unless your school uses VAPD for assessments (mine didn't) then it doesn't mtter.

Well I knew what I wanted to do but I didn't really start till the 2nd term of year 12 (not a good idea)

It's wise to know what your doing by 3rd week of term 4, and start then...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hi, I'm actually going into year 12 VA in term 4 2014, I was wondering if you guys have any photos of your completed BOWs to get some inspiration!! Do you guys have any tips on making your works?? (especially the starting process, I'm really stuck on ideas :< ) THanks! and good luck on the VA exam and your other HSC exams!!!
I have a few photos but none of them are very good quality hah!

Conceptually, I was really lucky to find something that interested me a lot. I think you need to find something you're passionate about and transform that into a concept. I recommend reading philosophical concepts or news articles about current affairs for inspiration. It's always best to go with something that's relatively fresh and new. Also look at the past artexpress artists for conceptual and material inspiration.

What material practice are you planning on doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi, I'm actually going into year 12 VA in term 4 2014, I was wondering if you guys have any photos of your completed BOWs to get some inspiration!! Do you guys have any tips on making your works?? (especially the starting process, I'm really stuck on ideas :< ) THanks! and good luck on the VA exam and your other HSC exams!!!

Is there any topic that you are interested in? What type of medium do you like working with??

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I've always been fascinated with flowers and I wanted to create a series of photographs with girls wearing these large headpieces made of flowers(which I will try to make!). I was inspired by what empresses and queens (like Cleopatra, traditional Asian weddings) and how they had these elaborate head gears. I want to add lots of colour in piece but I don't really know how to tie in a "sophisticated' concept in yet because it just seems like a floral study... I thought about using the idea of beauty and temporary nature of youth but I'm not really sure yet :/

Try out a lot of experimentation/sketches of headpieces ?

zeroni

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

hope everyone who has exams is going well :)

Does anyone know if they've started marking the works yet or when we get them back? Just curious haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)