2014 Fifa World Cup thread (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Fun Fact: No European team has EVER won a World Cup held in South America.
My favourites: Brazil, Germany, Argentina
Dark Horses: Belgium, Columbia, Bosnia
Flops: Spain, England, Italy
I reckon Germany will beat Brazil in a tight final, even without Marco Reus

crazy_paki123

HSC
thats true but they still have a decent team. Jackson Martinez is more than capable at striker and got OP players like James Rodriguez, Cuadrado. Decent keeper in Ospina. Theyre not favourites but definitely a sneaky chance with or without Falcao

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
going for australia and germany

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
portugal will also do better this year imo

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
thats true but they still have a decent team. Jackson Martinez is more than capable at striker and got OP players like James Rodriguez, Cuadrado. Decent keeper in Ospina. Theyre not favourites but definitely a sneaky chance with or without Falcao
I think they'll get out of the group, sure - but I think they might be out in the Round of 16. Some of the Group D teams are very good... (well, most of them)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Yeah tiki taka is dead, in the Confed Cup Brazil counter attacked Spain's tiki taka with ease and gave them a 3-0 humbling. I think Spain will flop big time. Brazil is the form team, i think in their last 7 or 9 games cant remembet, theyve scored 29 goals and conceded just 2. And Germanys team is just awesome everywhere u look. Argentinas attack is frightening in Messi, Di Maria, Higuain and Aguero but their defence is demichielis and mascherano isnt the best let alone their shite keeper

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Yeah tiki taka is dead, in the Confed Cup Brazil counter attacked Spain's tiki taka with ease and gave them a 3-0 humbling. I think Spain will flop big time. Brazil is the form team, i think in their last 7 or 9 games cant remembet, theyve scored 29 goals and conceded just 2. And Germanys team is just awesome everywhere u look. Argentinas attack is frightening in Messi, Di Maria, Higuain and Aguero but their defence is demichielis and mascherano isnt the best let alone their shite keeper
messi doesn't perform the best at world cups though, he tends to be targetted heavily by opposition defence till he is all but neutralised

crazy_paki123

HSC
i love how some ppl (not on this thread but in general) think that Spain will win just cause Madrid won the UCL. True they played counter attcking foorball, but they had Ronaldo, Modric, Bale, DI Maria and Benzema. Not one of them are Spanish. Spains core is still barcas tiki taka midfielders in Xavi Iniesta and co. Im not hating on SPain, just think theyll get rolled. Even Chile and the Dutch could upset them cause everyone knows how to beat tiki taka

crazy_paki123

HSC
messi doesn't perform the best at world cups though, he tends to be targetted heavily by opposition defence till he is all but neutralised
thats true, but Argentina also has Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain. Theyd have to be extremely unlucky for all of them to not perform

crazy_paki123

HSC
Also watchout for Neymar, he'll be a standout for Brazil even though i dont like him

crazy_paki123

HSC
Italy has great old players like Pirlo and Buffon. El Shaarawy will be a blow, balotelli could shine but also could flop badly. I really like Bosnia too, Dzeko Begovic, Ibisevic, Pjanic theyll make it to 1/4 finals id say, not too shabby for a first world cup

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
tiki taka all the way brahs
The world cup ball favours tiki taka play.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I will be going for Australia and if we don't make the grand final, England.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Fun Fact: No European team has EVER won a World Cup held in South America.
Mate that's common sense given that European players will take forever to adjust to Summer in South America, in the tropical climate in high humidity and over 35 degrees Celsius heat.

That's the only reason why Australia would even have a chance to not come 4th in the group lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)