200 words Assessment Help (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys, I have to answer a 200 word question for my assessment task.

Of course we have to do a proper response, on the day, but we have to hand in stuff.

We have to collect four resources - related material - and analyse them.

The question is: "Which of your resources best relates to the Area of Study: Journeys?"

I'm doing Physical Journeys and the question can only be 200 words max!

Anyone have any ideas on how to approach and attack this question?
I'm a little confused.

My resources are a film, image, newspaper article and song lyric.

Thanks guys.

Aeolior

HSC
ok.. Thats relatively easy..

^^ Well, the best strategy to tackle this question is firstly, what text type are you the best at analysising, secondly, is which text you find can easily relate to physical journeys, but provide sophisticated ideas of it. Thirdly, you'll need to really know your stuff on the physical journey, you may need to think of the best type of issue of definition of journeys..

Hmm, out of curiousity, does your question ask you that you have analyse each and every of your 4 related texts, or they say just choose any 4 related texts, state which one is the best at physical journeys in relation to the others?

cheers,

Aeo

rsingh

HSC
Well, we have to collect for resources.

And there say which one of the four best links to the concept of Physical Journeys. But we have to refer to all four resources? How do I that?

Thanks.

Aeolior

HSC
Ahh, exactly what I had to do in my mini-exam.

Well, what you do is firstly, find out which text presents the physical journey aspect the best, as well as supplementing ideas to support this. In order to say a particular text effectively conveys the best definition of the journey, you have to analyse the type of journey definition presented in each of your four texts.

So, from scratch I can say,

Not all images are worth a thousand words.. or
Although the visual text does provide a strong viewpoint of a physical journey, it fails to effectively state how or why the journey is conducted. Nor does it provide the beginning of the journey, nor the destinaion.

I'd probably go with feature articles/newspaper articles, mainly due to the fact that they have a visual text, as well as providing actual statements, or solid evidence such as quotes to back up your physical journey definition. However, if you find a good film you can have some really really good quotes to back up your definition of physical journey, as well as the special effects used in the film to portray this strong idea (i.e. camera angles, emotive music),etc

For this type of question, its just as easy to choose the best text, as to lose lots of marks for it, for you have to argue your point in a sophisticated manner, suggesting exactly why this text is the best out of all four related texts you have chosen. I daresay, you might even need to refer back to your core text, or a text from the journey's stimulis booklet.

Oh well, hope it helped you abit, if you can provide the texts name, I mite be able to help you. But, I may not be able to get back to you, cos my English assessment task is due Next monday, and I have chem and Eco assessment task due tomorrow, so I'm more into studying atm...

Cheers,

Aeolior

rsingh

HSC
Thanks .. I think I know what you mean .. it's becoming a lot clearer now ..

Well,

I'm doing a Shrek most likely .. still have decided ...

a newspaper article: :"http://theage.com.au/news/National/Long-journey-from-desert-to-Sunshine/2004/11/06/1099547434536.html?oneclick=true" which describes the journey of an Ethiopian family from their country to Australia. If you could help me to identify some techniques here and how they show phyiscal journeys.. that would be great .. i can't seem to find anything ...

a song lyric: "A horse with No Name" by Neil Young. This is a great text I think, but I'm not sure whether it provides all the elements of a physical journey.

and I'm doing an image .. which shows a group planning their journey, however they have not embarked on it as of yet ...

That's basically it .. so which on you rekon? I think the song lyric was good, there is deep meaning in that song, however the others may also satisfy the requirements.

Once again, thank you heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)