10 units (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Hmm I didn't think about school sport! Might actually do school sport on Wednesday's... no more going home at 12:30 though :/ :D
It annoyed me for years that all you public school ppl got to go home early on Wednesdays :D.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

But I'd say that's just because in general, people who chose to do more than the minimum units are people who are more focused, and willing to put in more work...therefore, are also the people who are getting high UAIs.

Doing less is a definite advantage I'd say, but of course, if you're organised and willing, 12 units is completely do-able. I guess it's good to have a "spare" subject in case you bomb out on an exam, but if there's a certain subject you really don't like or that you do badly in, then there's really no point hanging on to it.
I agree, but I think that nothing short of an acute mental disorder like ADD prevents anyone from organising themselves to cope with more than 10 units. It's a useful ability, and you need good discipline in year 12 (and later in life!), so a spare is worth the trouble. Of course, no use carrying a flat ;)

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
hey everyone, thanks for replying, i think ill go with 10 units, as my other subjects (mainly 4u maths and software) will keep me occupied for the majority of my study time and plus sport 4 days a week, wont leave too much time for study at night, so the frees during the day will be very handy too help boost my other subjects (mainly english)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Twintip
I disagree. You usually know what will not count anyway from what I've heard.
emphasis on 'usually' ... but what if you perform way below expectations in one subject - and that is not just assessment but also exam ... it could really weigh you down ... but this is only true if you are aim for really high uais ... otherwise ten units is more than enough ... :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
its hard to hit the wall in ext2 maths ... if you spend the time and effort ... unless someone knocks you out with a bat before the exam ... or your really sick ... in which case you can get a misadventure ... but seriously maths is pretty safe ...:)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
work is fine as long as you have time ... and at the moment you have more than three-quarters of a year ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)