10 or 12 Units (What to Drop) (1 Viewer)

hallnicholas7

HSC
Hi im currently in the 4th week of my final HSC and dont want to waste any time labouring over a subject that either wont count in the final exams or ill drop in 2 weeks and have wasted two weeks of study periods .

My Question to you is do i drop Economics , keep it and do 6 subjects or do i drop another

Here are my subjects

PDHPE
Business Studies
English Advanced
Maths General
Legal Studies
Economics

As you can see ECO is the best scaling subject which i take note of , and based on the poor scaling my other subjects will incur am worried about dropping it , but its my least favourite , it takes up the most time , requires much more thought and depth of understanding to comprehend and at the end of the day is the hardest of my 6 subjects to perform in

Id like to smash 10 units next year , instead of doing well in 12 but don't no how to do it without risking a lower ATAR due to scaling , under preparing due to wasted energy on a 6th subject , or dropping another subject and bombing in ECO

These were my Year 11 final exam results

PDHPE 71
ENG 68
MATH G 80
ECO 78
BUSINESS STU 83
LEGAL STU 90

*** However i spent 3 days preparing for economics due to wanting to perform against my peers and for my teacher as opposed to 1-2 hours study for each other subject except maths where i did prep alot ****

Based on these facts , my plans on doing business / comm at uni and a goal of acheiving a 88 ++ ATAR , what would you do in my shoes ???

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
School rank?
http://bettereducation.com.au/SchoolRanking.aspx
Give us 2015,2014,2013, and 2012

Rank and number of people in each subject?

Look at topscores for previous cohorts performance?

At the moment I suggest keeping 12 units, and waiting for first round of assessments to be over before dropping anything.

Otherwise it looks like you should drop PDHPE from the limited information you've provided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)