I'm fked (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Ok. so story time!!! I studied my ass off for a vectors test 3u (weighting 30%) and completely fked it after panicing due to time constraints. I am an accelerant student rn and im on the brink of tears because I had so much hope for this exam and now I think my rank will go down to like 8-9 maybe even 10-11 idefk atp (originally was ranked 3rd/80) possibly even would be lucky to have scored 70% (probably the same with my peers except like 2 students who recalled qns in the test from past papers). I need to know if u guys think I should drop accelerated and continue with the yr 11 stream. I want a decent atar and I don't want the only subject that has in previous years, carried my grades to go to waste so I don't know what to do. Genuinely unsure atp. @jimmysmith560 umm @carrotsss help pls idk ANY1

Edit: ~35 b6s- 20223

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
idk if thats allowed after trials
you can repeat your hsc if you're not happy with your mark as long as your school can accommodate for it, but that would mean you'd just have to repeat your hsc year starting term 4 all over again

Ok. so story time!!! I studied my ass off for a vectors test 3u (weighting 30%) and completely fked it after panicing due to time constraints. I am an accelerant student rn and im on the brink of tears because I had so much hope for this exam and now I think my rank will go down to like 8-9 maybe even 10-11 idefk atp (originally was ranked 3rd/80) possibly even would be lucky to have scored 70% (probably the same with my peers except like 2 students who recalled qns in the test from past papers). I need to know if u guys think I should drop accelerated and continue with the yr 11 stream. I want a decent atar and I don't want the only subject that has in previous years, carried my grades to go to waste so I don't know what to do. Genuinely unsure atp. @jimmysmith560 umm @carrotsss help pls idk ANY1

but fr just judging by your rank you still have 50% of your assessments to determine your final rank and make a comeback, you're still in the range for an e4 so i'd say just try this term and max your rank and try to fix your time management problems during this term and if you're still not happy with your rank after this term you can apply to just drop down to the year 11 course for next term. just don't sweat it because you're still in a good position, just do your best and spam past papers under actual time constraints

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
idk if thats allowed after trials
you should be able to. At my school, ik someone from my class who dropped it just before hsc (after trials) and went to non-accel stream - ig it can be different between schools. I think the only thing was that they had their term 4 (task 1) assignment estimated because they joined after that took place, which was estimated off performance in other tasks.

But that's not that bad. You're still ~rank 10 where your school gets ~30 b6's in the subject, still can get very good score. I would not stress too much, just keep your head up and focus on doing your best on the next task.

carrotsss

HSC
you’re fine, i feel like ur used to ur old school where 10th wouldn’t have been great but with 30 b6s you’re still doing fine, dont worry about it. panicking due to exam pressure happens, its not reflective of your true abilities don’t worry about it

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
I'm assuming for early 99 atar this would not be sufficient?
you will be fine i promise, i got a low 99 atar with barely scraping an e4 for 3u math, and ik ur way better at math than i was back in high school
just focus on doing your best for accel math this year and then your other subjects when the time comes

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
nah for 3u any E4 is well and truly a 99 ATAR equivalent, for content a 90 aligned in ext 1 is around a 99.5 ATAR equiv
wait so if I grind tf out of the hsc exam could I still be able to somewhat maintain 99.8 equiv?

you will be fine i promise, i got a low 99 atar with barely scraping an e4 for 3u math, and ik ur way better at math than i was back in high school
just focus on doing your best for accel math this year and then your other subjects when the time comes
I want ur opinion as to how I should treat the remaining part of yr 11. Should I solely focus on maths in order to come back or like? Bc genuinely I don't know what I'm gonna do since I don't really plan on going for early entry anyways... But at the same time im unsure as to what yr 11 will go towards

carrotsss

HSC
wait so if I grind tf out of the hsc exam could I still be able to somewhat maintain 99.8 equiv?

I want ur opinion as to how I should treat the remaining part of yr 11. Should I solely focus on maths in order to come back or like? Bc genuinely I don't know what I'm gonna do since I don't really plan on going for early entry anyways... But at the same time im unsure as to what yr 11 will go towards
yes easily, 3u and 4u maths are the two subjects where scaling genuinely just makes no sense (far more students get high scaled marks from them than any other subjects)

id focus mostly on accel maths, y11 really doesn’t matter - early entry is easy to get into + doesn’t really apply to the stuff you seem to want to do anyway and so you mostly just want to stay on top of content enough that you don’t like fail prelims and that you have the basis knowledge for y12. the most important thing in y11 for someone with a maths mind like you is to get really good at writing english essays, because that is what will determine your atar more than any other subject, but maths should still be the first priority since you’re doing your hsc this year

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
definitely put an emphasis on accel math but without entirely neglecting other subjects - one regret i have about y11 is not putting enough effort into my accel subject cos while i did b6 it i knew i had the potential to get higher if i actually tried. another thing is that if you solely focus on accel math you might fall out of rhythm with studying for your other subjects and if you neglect some of them it might backfire on you in y12 (this was the case for some people i know, not the case for others however), especially with english and other similar subjects that require continuous practice to improve. you don’t have to aim for 1st in all your subjects in y11 especially if the content from y11 isn’t going into y12 (most of the subjects icl) but just try to stay on top of your schoolwork for your other subjects. it’s still possible to make a comeback without neglecting the rest of your subjects, many y12 students have done that but at the same time y11 doesn’t matter in the end so it is up to you

in regards to early entry, you should still just apply for it as a fallback line even if you’re applying for medicine. i know a lot of the kids gunning for med in my school applied for early entry as backups to courses like actuarial and engineering. also the unis are very lenient toward early entry admissions so they don’t really care about you having super top marks, especially wsu and uts

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
definitely put an emphasis on accel math but without neglecting other subjects - one regret i have about y11 is not putting enough effort into my accel subject cos while i did b6 it i knew i had the potential to get higher if i actually tried. another thing is that if you solely focus on accel math you might fall out of rhythm with studying for your other subjects and if you neglect some of them it might backfire on you in y12 (this was the case for some people i know, not the case for others however), especially with english and other similar subjects that require continuous practice to improve. you don’t have to aim for 1st in all your subjects in y11 especially if the content from y11 isn’t going into y12 (most of the subjects icl) but just try to stay on top of your schoolwork and studies for your other subjects. it’s still possible to make a comeback without neglecting the rest of your subjects, many y12 students have done that

in regards to early entry, you should still just apply for it as a fallback line even if you’re applying for medicine. i know a lot of the kids gunning for med in my school applied for early entry as backups to courses like actuarial and engineering. also the unis are very lenient toward early entry admissions so they don’t really care about you having super top marks, especially wsu and uts
Get off bos and check discord

rev668

HSC

I had a friend in the same scenario as you, after they got a bad mark they didn't get a band 6 and due to school constraints that far into the term he wasn't able to repeat and got a 70 atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)