bad atar scenario (2 Viewers)

juststudyinghere

HSC
how would it feel to open up your atar notification and see your atar as 85 (or any atar yall see being bad) ? hypothetically write smt bout how yall would feel and what would happen. thisll be fun and might motivate sm of us to study.

Last edited:

katiekms

HSC
how would it feel to open up your atar notification and see your atar as 85 (or any atar yall see being bad) ? hypothetically write smt bout how yall would feel and what would happen. thisll be fun and might motivate sm of us to study.
no way you’re calling 85 bad..

aqwerty13402

HSC
I wouldn't really grieve the mark, since for whatever degree i choose (since its not gonna be med / dentistry), there is usually a path I could take to get there. I think I would be devastated and would grieve the fact that I spent 2 years of my life being miserable from school stress, wishing away my last years of high-school, all for nothing basically. But the next day I'll still wake up and have my up and go and pat my dog so it would be okay :angel:

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Also with an 85 you can basically get into every degree except medicine & scholarship programs.
i wouldn't say every degree
probs about 30-40% of degrees you need higher than 85
examples include law, actuarial, maths, some engineering, even just commerce at certain unis
law and actuary need like 98 at most unis, they both 95 at MQ tho

Duskheaven

HSC
i wouldn't say every degree
probs about 30-40% of degrees you need higher than 85
examples include law, actuarial, maths, some engineering, even just commerce at certain unis
law and actuary need like 98 at most unis, they both 95 at MQ tho
That isn't including bonus marks. Almost always at least 5 bonus marks should be able to achieved, making an 85 effectively a 90.

Majors are pretty easy to swap for engineering without loss assuming acute subject planning. An 85 will bring you to unsw general engineering with 5 bonus marks - pick major after first year. The lowest last year was 79 at unsw not including bonus marks. 85 gets you into any engineering program a student wants in Australia.

I wasn't thinking about law / actuarial at some unis. I guess this is where it applies as well. But, certainly its not even almost 35/40% of degrees. It like 5% at specific unis. Virtually 100% if the student considers a few unis.

Last edited:

juststudyinghere

HSC
I wouldn't really grieve the mark, since for whatever degree i choose (since its not gonna be med / dentistry), there is usually a path I could take to get there. I think I would be devastated and would grieve the fact that I spent 2 years of my life being miserable from school stress, wishing away my last years of high-school, all for nothing basically. But the next day I'll still wake up and have my up and go and pat my dog so it would be okay :angel:
ahh dam ye. i think the day aft hsc is going to be depressing for me at least coz i'll be so free (im only doing prelim rn but ik next yrs going to be stresful)

why did u change you pf :angryfire: (i hate it where's the cheez broooo)

axe

HSC
i would not care as i already sat my hsc 🤷 the fuck am i supposed to do now??

Cathode_RT

HSC
honest efforts are usually rewarded with honest marks.
As long as you study well, you should have a rough idea of what your getting by the end of the HSC.
(ie: You will probably know what bracket you probably will fall into, 80-85, 85-90, 90-95 etc)

85 is a decent ATAR anyway, and will get you into most undergrad degrees save for law, actuarial and med. You'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)