yr 12 formal (1 Viewer)

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Hey guys guess what i theres this really hot guy ive liked for aaaages and i asked him to be my formal date a few months ago and he said yes and i asked him again a few weeks ago and he stil said yes and i was all happy until the day before the ticked money was due he told me that he has something on that night so he cant come to our formal anymore. Me started CRYING!!! The only reason i wanted to go to the formal is because i thought that i get to go with him. And i bought a new dress and everything!!! Arrrgghhh!!! Everyone please laugh at me hahahahahahaa hahaha ha ha...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
That's not cool. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a better time alone because you won't be abysitting.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
:(

thats not good, and it may sound hollow and stuff, but you're better off without him, if he can string you along like that, then he's a dipshit and not worth your time.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
were not in america the formal is not "the prom" going alone is cool

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
trumpet geek said:
Hey guys guess what i theres this really hot guy ive liked for aaaages and i asked him to be my formal date a few months ago and he said yes and i asked him again a few weeks ago and he stil said yes and i was all happy until the day before the ticked money was due he told me that he has something on that night so he cant come to our formal anymore. Me started CRYING!!! The only reason i wanted to go to the formal is because i thought that i get to go with him. And i bought a new dress and everything!!! Arrrgghhh!!! Everyone please laugh at me hahahahahahaa hahaha ha ha...

dont ask me to laugh at you u dont really wanna get me started do u? i can give u a simple analysis if u want. the brutal truth of what u should do...only if u want

rumour

HSC
TurboTom said:
dont ask me to laugh at you u dont really wanna get me started do u? i can give u a simple analysis if u want. the brutal truth of what u should do...only if u want
Come on say it.........

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Going alone is more than acceptable, if he's as much a dickhead as he seems for stringing you along then its probably better that you didn't go with him. Take it from someone who bought tickets and paid for transport to a Year 12 formal only to not see the girl once after the intro photos were done... I spent the night with my friends enjoying my night but always knowing that she screwed me over. If you want to, ask the guy who you've always been friends with ever since back when that you'll remember your night as having a blast enjoying the night with your friends... a formal is more about celebrating with a night dressed to the nines with your friends and enjoying yourself, nothing more... a lot of people place expecations and dreams on their formal night, as I did and you'll only get burnt, just treat it as a fun time to get a few photos with friends and have a laugh.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:

thats not good, and it may sound hollow and stuff, but you're better off without him, if he can string you along like that, then he's a dipshit and not worth your time.
Yeah... when is your formal, after or before the HSC?

Don't ruin it by just being sad because your date didn't go. The year 12 formal is the time when you're meant to be saying 'see you later, nice knowing you' to your classmates....

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
you always say that!!!!
for some people, it might be alright. For others, it isn't. And it is very different if you go to an all girls' school....
I reckon if i took a girl to the formal, my parents would think that I am a lesbian (sounds stupid, but they would). I think my bro already thinks i am a lesbian anyway, so taking a girl to the formal would make him certain that i am a lesbian. I'm not though, for the record (I'm straight).
Yeah, bringing another girl has varying degrees of acceptance depending on the cicumstances. Myself, hailing from an ordinary public highschool, it was accepted without question and even encouraged with the school line being "go with a friend, even if they are the same gender rather than go with someone you like but you don't really know. The night is about fun and enjoying yourself, not oneupmanship or social status, its a time to celebrate the ending of an era, your highschooling life... but if you don't behave, you might be completing your highschooling life next year..."... my school always made those hollow threats, its one of the things which made it great.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
skazmonger said:
Lol I'd have brought a girl if I dared for some entertainment, but for some (unknown to me) reason, everyone in my school is deadly certain that I'm a lesbian, which like sportsgal, I'm not.

It sounds really mean, but in deciding who I'd invite to my year 12 formal (who actually was the guy who tricked me into inviting him) I was basing it on stuff like, is the guy over 18 (ie can he go to the afters), will he be good at least in front of the teachers (is are they going to embarrass you?) and will he be fun to have around?
I mean, if I had a boyfriend, sure I'd take him whatever age/attitude/funness, but after that, those three qualities are the best in a formal date.

Woah, this post was a bit disjointed.
Yeah, I did the same thing, looked for a girl who was 18+, aesthetically pleasing for the cameras, had an impressive resume for the teachers, and would be fun to be around.... Pity I only managed 3 of the 4. It's worth having a date unless you know that the likliehood is that in 10 years, you can look back on that night and still recall with fondness who you went with and how you honestly truely enjoyed your night. Unfortunately for me, that won't really be the case regarding my date but when it came to the night, making a concious effort to just enjoy the night with the friends I went to school with, it made it a night worth remembering.

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
AsyLum said:

I agree, no offence but the guy is a tool if he can't keep a date. He told you he'd come and considering it's something big like a formal he should keep his word. You're better off either with someone nicer or going alone. Nothing wrong with that :)

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
You all assume the worst of him... maybe, just maybe, he actually has something on and he's not making it up ;)

I'd think of him as a scumbag if he turned up to the formal with someone else.

If you take someone to the formal, then you sort of feel obliged to stay with them the whole night... and that can be boring. If you go single, you can hang around whoever you want without worrying about hurting your "dates" feelings.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Wilmo said:
You all assume the worst of him... maybe, just maybe, he actually has something on and he's not making it up ;)

I'd think of him as a scumbag if he turned up to the formal with someone else.

If you take someone to the formal, then you sort of feel obliged to stay with them the whole night... and that can be boring. If you go single, you can hang around whoever you want without worrying about hurting your "dates" feelings.
That or he chickened out in the last minute due to endless possibilities.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Oh Christ. Things happen, people say something and then something comes up that they can't possibly get out of. It's understandable, one day you'll all realize you can't crucify people for this.

As for going single, confidence is everything in my opinion, do it.

Cicciolina

HSC
skazmonger said:
I went to this guy's year 12 formal last year... and the other week I was over at this place, and a little bit drunk and somehow the subject of formals came up, and he said, "Oh yeah, when's yours?" and somehow got me to invite him.
Is that who I think it is? Well, yeah, of course it is. Make sure I'm there when you tell Mel that you're taking him. I want to see the look on her face ;)
skazmonger said:
Lol I'd have brought a girl if I dared for some entertainment, but for some (unknown to me) reason, everyone in my school is deadly certain that I'm a lesbian, which like sportsgal, I'm not.
No we don't. That's the first I've heard.

trumpet geek, go by yourself if you can, you'll have so much more fun I think. Bringing someoen just because they're really hot does not make a good night at all (trust me, I know). What everyone's been saying is right - you want to have fun. :) There's probably too much emphasis placed on the date part of it, but in the end it's just about having a good time with your friends, celebrating. :)

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The only reason I'm going to mine is for the copious amonts of drinking which follow:D

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
withoutaface said:
The only reason I'm going to mine is for the copious amonts of drinking which follow:D
I'll give you brownie points for that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)