Your attitdes toward geography (1 Viewer)

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the actual subject??

A lot of the kids at our school think that the subject is pretty dodge and shit

I really like the subject ( career choice = town planner), and i find it really interesting
Human geography is so much better than physical geography though

anyways, just thought i'd ask out of interest

Cheers, Josh

Marty

HSC
same i luv geography i prob shuld go into it as a career path but ehyyy

id rather physical geography over human down anyday

but top subject

me = band 5 maybe band 6 thanks to many brilliant assignments including urban dynamics one that got me a cool 100%

jomingara

Originally posted by Coffee_Fan
Just out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the actual subject??

A lot of the kids at our school think that the subject is pretty dodge and shit

I really like the subject ( career choice = town planner), and i find it really interesting
Human geography is so much better than physical geography though

anyways, just thought i'd ask out of interest

Cheers, Josh
hey josh

our grade has 180 kids and 18 people do geography and the ones that do it are dumb as dog shit. it's a shame that the good geographers do other subjects instead for their hsc. it is my favourite subject by miles.
i would like to become a town planner also but i think surveying could be my thing. especially cartography. i agree that human geo is a bit better than physical geo. the latter tends to be a bit boring.

Josh

Twintip

I hate human geography, bores me to tears. Population distributions that, economic centres this, blah blah blah. I like the physical side much better, which is why I ended up hating Geography because they culled so much physical geography from the syllabus. :mad: I liked all the stuff on weather, etc. And my alpine stuff for EAR (because I am a ski-nut as well ;)). :)

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Tolerance

My geog teacher was a big greenie, so she taught alot of physical geog. i hated it in the first few weeks, but i learnt to tolerate and in the end i had a greater appreciation for the branch of geog - however nothin beats the humanities side of geog.

Josh surveyeing sounds interesting but i think town planning is the one for me. i'd like to do it at UNSW, their course looks verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy attractive, however i son't think i'll get in.
OUT OF CURIOSITY, SINCE YOU'RE FROM SYD AND ALL, DO U THINK ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL PUT THAT DOWN AS THEIR PREFERENCE?? II'M HOPING NOT MANY PEOPLE WANT TO DO IT, THEY MIGHT LOWER THE CUTOFF!! HEHEHEHEH

and Twintip, whateva turns u on mate

cheers kids, Josh

jomingara

hey coffee fan

i'm not sure how many people want to do town planning but i know with surveying, i aint taking any chances with the cutoff. i'm hoping that no one wants do my course so i can easily get in but that won't happen. it's worrying for me coz i've seen articles about my course in the sun herald and SMH. same with town planning.
i agree that town planning at UNSW looks awesome. u never know, i might end up doing the course with ya in just over a year.:)

Josh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)