Yes Or No (1 Viewer)

nomza

HSC
In question 28 part (iv) -- did Toby save enough to achieve his plans??

Me and my friend had conflicting answers to this, just wanted to relieve my mind.

nomza

HSC
hahaha

*LMAO* thanks for bringing a smile to my face :D

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i said yes but realised i may have been very wrong... thinking maybe he was about $900 short :confused:

kaz84

what did u get?

i got that toby only had $10 028.19
so didnt have enuf but i didnt kno which formula to use
what did every1 use?? :D

nomza

HSC
HEY KAZ!!!!! That's is EXACTLY (well maybe not I don't remember, but extremely close) what I got.....I used the compound interest formula for each amount for the three years, after each year adding the 2500 and then doing the compound formula again.

kaz84

cool!

"HEY KAZ!!!!! That's is EXACTLY (well maybe not I don't remember, but extremely close) what I got.....I used the compound interest formula for each amount for the three years, after each year adding the 2500 and then doing the compound formula again. "

thats how i did it too!!!
yay!!!
took me a whole page though so it better be right!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rednut

He missed out by about $930, it was $932 or something, at least that's what i had.

banx006

i had the compound interest stuff written out...so the right answer then crossed it out and did some other crap..which is wrong...walked out of the exam and wondered how i could be so stupid...so yes the ci formula thing is right...tho i still said he will fall short so hopefully ill get a mark....pleeeeeze!!!

Marty

HSC
yeh i got that he only had bout 10 grand n something

he fell like 5 grand short

cheap bastard

tweakin

hahah yeh when i was working it out i was thinkg....<fuck i hope the poor clown juggler gets enough money, pretty sad if he doesnt>
hahah
and i said NO...he eneded up having $14090 or somethin i think..

Marty

HSC
i was sitting there thinking watta dick
juggling for a living

go get a job bum ;\

ye i worked it out to be 5 grand short and when i relises i was laughing sucked in to the poof he thinkjs he is a financial advisor starting to invest money at 15 anywayz mayb in next years exams he will juggle a bit more

princess b*

Originally posted by dado006
ye i worked it out to be 5 grand short and when i relises i was laughing sucked in to the poof he thinkjs he is a financial advisor starting to invest money at 15 anywayz mayb in next years exams he will juggle a bit more
hehehe...true dat!! wat kind of fukker would word a question like that!!! it took about 5 min to read!!!! hello, we are GENERAL here!!! if i had wanted to do 2unit work i wouldve stayed in that course!! damn bos fukkers@!!!

aLaNa

HEY KAZ!!!!! That's is EXACTLY (well maybe not I don't remember, but extremely close) what I got.....I used the compound interest formula for each amount for the three years, after each year adding the 2500 and then doing the compound formula again.
woooo hooooo ! thats EXACTLY wot i did tooooooo!!! we rock...we HAVE be right!! We cant all be wrong...I waz thinkin i must be wrong cuz it took so long to do n it waz only about 4 marks and it like took me about 2 pages!! I started using the annuities formula...but it wouldnt work cuz of like the fact he waz addin $2500 each yr afta he already had $$ in the account. Talk about trippy....i was sittin there for ages thinking..."well wot else can i do?!?!" when i decided to use the compund interest fomula but i didnt really think it would b right, but YAAAAAY!! it is!! PHEW!!! ......... :D ;) :D ;) :D ;) :p

Clay_Smoka

Well i'm glad to say Kaz i got the same $10 000 odd answer for that Q, i worked it out the long way and got that.... I'm hoping its right cause i bloody found that exam tough and i topped my class all year for G-maths. Hopefully you all struggled at it too (not meaning to be rude) so my marks will lift up for my UAI ... however that works anyway, i think they just put it in a lotto machine and give everybody a number from their arse.
HOPE YOU GET THROUGH THE REST OF YOUR
EXAMS ALL GOOD PPL!!!

nomza

HSC
yeah those are the two common answers:

i) He missed out by almost $5000
ii) He missed out by about $800 or whatever it was....

that's why I want solutions, I hate wondering and hearing the different whacked out solutions my friends got...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)