Year 12 Formal- Best dress shops! (1 Viewer)

C0reen

HSC
As the end of the year approaches- and stress increases, so too does the year 12 formal.

What boutiques/ stores in Sydney would you recommend for formal dresses?

fcnxdez

HSC
men love bitches in mini shorts or tight leggings. so u save rughly 500 bucks if u just buy 1 of these dear.

Okashi

HSC
For girls you don't really need to wear anything. As skimpy as possible is preferable and will get all the men. You could potentially wear no skirt and get away with it.

Makematics

HSC
For girls you don't really need to wear anything. As skimpy as possible is preferable and will get all the men. You could potentially wear no skirt and get away with it.
lollll
i legit got my yr 10 formal suit from vinnies for <$50...
wanna do the same this year but mum wants to get proper suit :(

lol i remember yr 10:

ask a guy: yeh brah i spent 400 on a suit i'll only wear once
ask a girl: yeh brah i spent 400 on a dress and heels i'll only wear once

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
I would recommend for girls mostly from Alexander McQueen and for guys Prada. Cost a lot, but hey, a night you'll remember right?

You can never go wrong with McQueen I can tell ya that.

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
But if you're on a budget guys, Politix's would look quite sharp. Girls, please don't get yours from ASOS or from theiconic.

I remember some girl last year came in with her Yr12 formal jacket :S

Last edited:

moocow920

HSC
Being serious, Myer and David Jones will have a few different brands so you can see lots of different style, I like Bariano, Sheike, the dollhouse has lots of different brand and theres one at castle towers and one at top ryde i think, if you are willing to pay a fair bit Shakuhachi, Sass and Bide, Zimmerman, Carla Zampatti are all amazing. There are also dress hire sites such as dressed up where you can hire a dress for the night

iheartOJ

HSC
Go to Paddington!!! They have a ton of boutiques ranging from high-end to re-invented vintage pieces (depending on your budget)
I'm definitely coming here after the HSC to look for my formal dress :)

HSC
I would buy an expensive suit because i'll wear it more than once, pretty sure most guys wear the same suit more than once. Girls are different though

jessj95

HSC
Myer and DJ's are great. I always wanted a Charlie Brown dress and got my ideal one on sale at Myer. As moocow920 said, they have a great range of brands.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
lollll
i legit got my yr 10 formal suit from vinnies for <$50...
wanna do the same this year but mum wants to get proper suit :(

lol i remember yr 10:

ask a guy: yeh brah i spent 400 on a suit i'll only wear once
ask a girl: yeh brah i spent 400 on a dress and heels i'll only wear once
Poor you... looking good and not like a cheap ass hack must be so hard :haha:

I would gladly cash in on the opportunity to get new suits with my mother paying for them

OT: T M Lewin has some pretty good suits for relatively low prices. They have a Sydney store near the Westfields in the city

HSC
*Serious post
Go to bass hill - frocks and gowns
I got my dress from there :) they can tailor it and bring in designer dresses for you to try and you dont have to pay them to bring it in :)
The service there is great if you want somewhere more pricy go to sassy boutique there is one in bankstown and they have a wider collection than frocks and gowns and if you want something a bit more pricier go to doll house but shit goes down there i hear there have been many complaints recently one of them being from my best friend
Goodluck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)