Year 11 subjects (1 Viewer)

im so cool

HSC
Hey guys,
I'll be selecting subjects next year and although I know that I'm going to do bio for sure I'm not sure what my other two are... Phys, Chem, Geo, History, eco and business studies are all on the table but I'm not sure what to choose. Just wanted to know everyone else's experiences in the latter subjects mentioned.

Kurrison

HSC
Whatever you pick is that you think you will do well on it. For example, if you are doing very good at science then do those for year 11 which will boost up your HSC. Like I did very good with Geography in year ten, so technically i will do geography next year for year 11.

c8

HSC
Whatever you pick is that you think you will do well on it. For example, if you are doing very good at science then do those for year 11 which will boost up your HSC. Like I did very good with Geography in year ten, so technically i will do geography next year for year 11.
Absolutely agree and most people will say similar.

I picked subjects based on popularity, not interest and didn't give much thought about it - I had the mentality that I could do any subject if I applied myself enough. This did not work at all and I'm now stuck with subjects I have no interest in which makes it pretty hard to study for them

im so cool

HSC
If I were to pick what I liked I would pick three sciences but a lot of people around me are saying it's not a great option... Should I stick to my guns?

idkkdi

HSC
If I were to pick what I liked I would pick three sciences but a lot of people around me are saying it's not a great option... Should I stick to my guns?
Triple science gives you omega brain. Just do it.

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
It could be the worst decision of your life or the best. But it has ruined A LOT more people than done any good.

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yes I can agree with you there B1andB2, probs wanna do what my pfp is doing due to choosing 3 sciences.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
If you are a science person then go for it. You can always drop and change subjects early on in Year 11 so there's no harm in trying. People often tell you stuff based on what their interests or past experiences are, so as a result it's not really like one's persons problems or advantages will be the same for a different person. A scientifically oriented person will probably do better in sciences vs being bored out of their mind doing humanities.

I originally did 3 sciences, then I kind of had a dumb moment and changed bio for business studies mid Year 11 because I thought maybe I will do some business style stuff in the future at uni. That was a regret of mine as I didn't really like the business studies content and although it didn't per say impact my ATAR negatively I would've enjoyed the bio more.

Be prepared to work hard in triple science, but they are quite fun subjects if you have an interest in them

im so cool

HSC
If you are a science person then go for it. You can always drop and change subjects early on in Year 11 so there's no harm in trying. People often tell you stuff based on what their interests or past experiences are, so as a result it's not really like one's persons problems or advantages will be the same for a different person. A scientifically oriented person will probably do better in sciences vs being bored out of their mind doing humanities.

I originally did 3 sciences, then I kind of had a dumb moment and changed bio for business studies mid Year 11 because I thought maybe I will do some business style stuff in the future at uni. That was a regret of mine as I didn't really like the business studies content and although it didn't per say impact my ATAR negatively I would've enjoyed the bio more.

Be prepared to work hard in triple science, but they are quite fun subjects if you have an interest in them
Ok Thanks a lot. I think I'm gna try doing triple science and change one if i don't enjoy it. Thanks for the help guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)