Year 11 Results (1 Viewer)

throwaway2318

HSC
I was looking at early entry admissions and found that some universities were to look at Year 11 results given the whole situation.
I kinda messed up the first semester of Year 11, but pulled up in the second half. My results, when put into an ATAR calculator, comes out to 80.55 (kinda ranged from high 70s to high 80s. Studentsonline shows I got Bs for everything but math extension, which was a C). My school's ranking is top 20...
In terms of extra-curricular, I'm currently in Concert Band and Volunteering. I did Write a Book in a Day in Year 8, and did work experience 2017 (both of which are probs irrelevant :p)
Anyways, is there a chance for me to get into early entry given my marks?

quickoats

HSC
Putting your raw marks into hscninja or otherwise will not yield a great atar estimate, as it doesn’t account for factors like alignment and moderation.

MQ uses your school report and a written application for its leaders and achievers early entry, and for SRS it considers your year 11 studentsonline report. As far as I know, ACU, Notre Dame, and Wollongong have similar schemes.

Given that your NESA report is okay, you shouldn’t have trouble getting some sort of offer, as these unis tend to be quite generous, especially with their general degrees e.g. Bachelor of Arts, Commerce. If you’re looking into a more competitive degree such as Law, their standards for early entry may be a bit higher.

Don’t sweat it too much, as most unis are very generous with bonus points and offers in the main rounds as well.

throwaway2318

HSC
Kay thanks!! I kinda just needed a vote of confidence, and I’ll never know until I try out hey. :)

_rakelt

HSC
If your aiming early entry for the "lower tier" unis (e.g. ACU, western syd, macq, notre dame, torrens) then u will be fine.. fucked up yr 11 prelims (All B's, one A and one C for prelims) and got offers for acu notre dame and torrens. Additionally, seeing your from top 20, you will be fine.

Accurate

clix
HSC
If your aiming early entry for the "lower tier" unis (e.g. ACU, western syd, macq, notre dame, torrens) then u will be fine.. fucked up yr 11 prelims (All B's, one A and one C for prelims) and got offers for acu notre dame and torrens. Additionally, seeing your from top 20, you will be fine.
How do you apply for Early Offers if you are in Year 11 (currently)? Do i have to wait a bit more or can I apply straight away

quickoats

HSC
How do you apply for Early Offers if you are in Year 11 (currently)? Do i have to wait a bit more or can I apply straight away
Early offer schemes tend to start in year 12 mid year, with most applications closing by September. I’m not sure if there is a year 11 early offer scheme as they would have to use year 10 results and data.

Nikolerak

HSC
What course was your ACU early offer? Was it through SRS or CAP?

_rakelt

HSC
What course was your ACU early offer? Was it through SRS or CAP?
not SRS or CAP .. got an offer for any business course through their "passion for business" program even before i did my hsc

NG43

HSC
You can always take a easier Uni course and ace it for the first term/semester and then transfer to your chosen course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)