Wuthering Heights - how did we go (1 Viewer)

Lorie

HSC
How did everyone go with Wuthering Heights. I reckon i went ok, i wrote 10 pages and used 6 critcal readings, not quite sure what they were after with the 2 extracts, but i think i covered it.

scruffy012

HSC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DON SAY THAT WORD AROUND ME!!!!!!!!!!! well like ya said it will make a great beer coaster.. hehe.....

nah i went bad, only 3 pages and two critical readings....

that spells BAD......

heh

Scruffy

scnertho

scentlessapprentice
HSC
ohh crap
i used two critical readings cos thats wot our teacher told us to do
i thought it was alrite my answer
it was 8 pages
wtf was the extract thing but, i had excerpts from the novel but i dunno if they wanted like a detailed development of something from the story
as if, that booked sucked
i also think it's funny how theres only 3 ppl who have posted in this topic
everyone knows ugggh cant say it, W-W-Wuthering Heights sucks
by the way...Merrylands High School did wuthering heights, add that to the very short list

chicaraca

Australierin
HSC
N/A
You did SIX critical readings? No offence, but I think you went a little overboard seeing that the question asked specifically about your opinion! The general consensus seems to be that:

a) most people did 2 readings, one of them being their own
b) everyone was confused about the "refer to TWO extracts" part of the question

Personally, I only wrote five pages for W.H. as it is my worst module and I left it until the end (whooops) I wrote 9 pages for each of the other essays.

All i can say is Thank God it's all over! I'll never have to think about WH again :)

Lorie

HSC
well i started with the reception from 1847 and used 2 critical readings from then, and how they dismissed the book. Then i talked about the liberal humanism view and used one there, then the femenist view with another critical reading. Then i had to use David cecil it was 2 easy not to, then i talked about the structure with CP Sanger.

jason86

6 readings is way over-board. Two in detail is all you needed. I did two readings and wrote 8 pages.

Lorie

HSC
it's not really overboard i backed up everything i said with a critical reading, i found it the best way to go.

BlindGuardian

2 critical is the way to go...6...fair enuf u can explain em and sutff but u cant go into grat detail....therefore 2 :p
btw that was one shitty fkn book

Lorie

HSC
i didn't go into stupid depeath with the readings, i mainly used it to back up my opinions.

I'm organising a trip to go shit on Brontes grave, everyone is welcome to come. Although, wuthering heights did make a very good drink coaster.

skittlebrau

I did two critical readings... had three prepared, but got part way through my essay and thought, "Ok, I've fucked this up majorly. I'm just going to give up on WH and hope I can do a bit better in Frontline."

Worst novel ever written.

tooL soLdier

HSC
I did 3 critical readings... one of them was my own, but I only used my opinion to relate to my critical readings. It was a really hard question to answer... but I wrote a shitload n just related it all back to the question. What techniques did everyone talk about?? It was too hard to integrate everything!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)