would you let someone borrow your book? (1 Viewer)

snow_fanatzi

HSC
so would you? say it's your most precious books and you been raving about it to your friend and then they ask you if they could borrow it, would you let them borrow it? we are talking about one of those book that you like so much that you dont think you can let anyone touch but want them to read?

how bout a person who is not your friend but you know?

well, one person asked me if they could borrow one of my book collection and im hesistating whether i shud lend it to her to read? we are not really friend-friend, just someone i know from school and hardly see each other. im afraid that she wont return. so discuss

HSC
uh not any more. I've given my friends books/movies, and they scratched my DVDs, and the books came back torn, and one girl removed the cover because it was 'rude'. & they all returned them like 4-9 months later.

Don't do ittt.

lou071

HSC
N/A
so would you? say it's your most precious books and you been raving about it to your friend and then they ask you if they could borrow it, would you let them borrow it? we are talking about one of those book that you like so much that you dont think you can let anyone touch but want them to read?

well, one person asked me if they could borrow one of my book collection and im hesistating whether i shud lend it to her to read? we are not really friend-friend, just someone i know from school and hardly see each other. im afraid that she wont return. so discuss
i would lend to my friend who i know he or she is gonna return the book back to me, but i wouldn't lend it to a person who is not my friend but i know.
this all depends on if you trust the person or not.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Some people have no respect for others' property. I gave a series of books to a friend to borrow, and she gave them to about 10 people after her. I didn't get the books back for months, and they were all torn, scuffed and dog-eared when I did get them back.

Cunts.

LordPc

HSC
No, you just dont lend books, its a known fact.

you just tell the person your not a library

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
depends, if i know that they will be taken care of then sure, if i am in doubt then no.

in your situation though no

greentsquare

HSC
depends on who the person is. at times, i extract a promise from the person first (that he/she will take care of my book, not fold the cover/any of the pages, will return it to me in one piece, etc.) before lending it.

Rainie

HSC
This is when contact comes in handy. Cover all your precious books :)

But, I suggest you borrow one from the library then give it to them if you wanna keep your precious book mint and new.

Then again. The trust factor. So it's up to you, really.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
No-one gets my books. Not since MY OWN BROTHER scribbled inside the front cover in red fucking texta last week.

Especially my Golden Books : ) haha

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
This is when contact comes in handy. Cover all your precious books :)

But, I suggest you borrow one from the library then give it to them if you wanna keep your precious book mint and new.

Then again. The trust factor. So it's up to you, really.
nope. cause then if they lose it, according to the library your at fault.

snow_fanatzi

HSC
i made up my mind to not let her borrow the book even tho i havent told her yet.... well the situation is that her friends and me are sorta like enemy and i have this suspicious feeling that she will lend it to her friend to read. (cos i know that she is not a reader) im scared that it will never be return or if it does it be all torn!!!! after all her friends hate me.

also i remember how a friend of mine ask to borrow my book and i flat out say no. didnt talk to me for a week because i told her i didnt trust her with my books.:mad1: but oh well... at least we are friends again.

have u ever have a person who borrow your book or things and when you ask for them to return it they say they will next time they see you but then they "somehow forgot and promise the next time?"

Last edited:

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A

if i had already read it.

i could always replace it...

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
I only let certain people borrow my books. i dont let my best friend borrow my books only because they dog ear pages and crack the spines of their books. They claim books need to look like they have been read. I only have like one or two friends i can trust to return my books in the condition i gave it to them in.

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
No. Not if it was a book that I really, really loved.
I'd tell them to go to the library if they really want to read it.

Also, if you do end up lending people books tell them not to fold the corners of the pages. Lend them a book mark too if you have to.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
I lend it to people I trust.

People I trust who value books just as much as I do.

People I trust who know that I will absolutely destroy them and grief them eternally should they accord my books any disrespect.

People who want to have a life that extends past the return date of my book.

HSC
N/A
im hesitant to lend a book to my dad knowing that he takes care of them.

def never to a friend unless i bought it 2nd hand, which half my books i do.
but books i bought new, never would i lend them.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Will lend to good friends. great books should shared. And if they are useless at getting it back to you, and they are a good friend one is to assume you actually go around your good friends houses, so just go and grab it?
And who gives a fuck if they fold a corner of the page?? Shock horror if it actually looks like the book has been read and enjoyed. Sure, don't bust the cover, but some of you people are well petty.

Taskan

HSC
I lent a book to my girlfriend once, then she dumped me, and I've never gone to the effort to retrieve it from her.

but outside of family and close friends, there is nobody I'd let borrow a book of mine

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i don't lend my books out to anyone, not even my mother lols and i am serious, my mother hates it. I like my books to remain in the condition that i buy, if they are second hand ones i'll lend them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)